Stay at Home Moms

I want a job!!!

Ugh. This is so frustrating. I was on mat leave for the first 11mo of ds's life & went back to work for a month. I quit to be  SAHM until he was 14mo. At that point I got a job & worked for a month before getting laid off. I have been applying to jobs non stop online from October to NOW & I only got that one response which resulted in 1month of work. I dont consider myself a SAHM right now because I just feel like Im unemployed and looking for work. I want a job!!!! We are so broke and cant afford for me to sahm. Why is finding a job so hard? Its really frustrating me. I pretend to everyone that I love being a sahm (I do) & thats why Im at home. I clip coupons, make homemade playdough, I make homemade meals everyday. But what I really want is to make money so we arent broke! I hate this economy. This is my last big whiney vent of 2010. Thanks for reading.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I want a job!!!

• GL to you in the new year searching!

have you tried a temp agency for in the meanwhile until you can land a FT permanent gig?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Unemployment is not fun.  It is definitely not the same as being a SAHM.  DH was unemployed 2X for a year at a time.  It was very hard on us, particularly the 1st time.  The second time, even though financially it was more stressful, we came together more, rather than letting the stress push us apart. 

Just keep at it.  That is all you can do.  Network like crazy.  You never know where your next lead will take you.  

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck to you in the new year.  I was also going to recommend signing up with temp agencies.  Maybe sign up with a recruiter to help you find a job too. 
  • Thanks for the support ladies. I have been considering a temp agency but we dont have daycare set up currently. Im nervous to start with a temp agency and have to pay for a full month of daycare but not know 100% if I will get a full month of work.
  • Good luck! I really hope you find a job soon. I can't imagine doing this stay at home thing if I didn't really want to be doing it. Crossing my fingers that you find something quick!
  • imageaxr8111:
    Good luck! I really hope you find a job soon. I can't imagine doing this stay at home thing if I didn't really want to be doing it. Crossing my fingers that you find something quick!

If we could afford it - I would be over the moon. I absolutely love staying home with ds. But with a budget this tight it makes me wish I was working.
  • imagejackieobride:
    Thanks for the support ladies. I have been considering a temp agency but we dont have daycare set up currently. Im nervous to start with a temp agency and have to pay for a full month of daycare but not know 100% if I will get a full month of work.

Could you work an opposite schedule of your DH? Many temp agencies hire permanent positions for 2nd/3rd shift, and they're sometimes easier to obtain because 2nd/3rd shift are the less desirable shifts so there's less competition for jobs. Even if you found something 2nd shift that didn't perfectly overlap, you could probably find childcare coverage for an hour or 2 from a high school or college student who is looking for a few hours of work until they get out of school and it would be much cheaper than FT daycare. You can also go to hotels or restaurants and apply-they look for evening help all the time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"