Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Elevated Factor VIII

After three losses this year my doctor finally decided to run some tests.  One of the blood tests that they ran was Factor VIII.  I received a call from the clinic RN yesterday letting me know that my Factor VIII was elevated and that they wanted me to come in to talk with the doctor about what that means for future pregnancies.  Just wondering if any of you have been told this and what I may expect.  My appointment isn't until next week and I have been going crazy thinking about (and searching the internet like a crazy lady) what I could possibly be told at this appointment.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Elevated Factor VIII

• Options
    If I remember correctly that is one of the tests that came back elevated on my RPL panel. The doctor just has me take a baby aspirin while ttc.
  • Options

imageCopswife05:
    If I remember correctly that is one of the tests that came back elevated on my RPL panel. The doctor just has me take a baby aspirin while ttc.

I have heard about this with my two cousins who have had miscarriages to take baby aspirin while TTC and throughout their pregnancy.  Why is that?  What is the meaning behind it....I'm just curious because I have thought to ask my dr. about it.

Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor tested me for that last week.  I haven't gotten the results yet.  He said it can cause clotting, which can lead to miscarriages.  Aspirin thins the blood.  He told me if one of the tests came back positive (not sure if it is that one) we may do heparin injections next time (also blood thinner).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLDW80:

imageCopswife05:

I have heard about this with my two cousins who have had miscarriages to take baby aspirin while TTC and throughout their pregnancy.  Why is that?  What is the meaning behind it....I'm just curious because I have thought to ask my dr. about it.

As the other poster mentioned the aspirin thins the blood. The doctor thinks that we may be getting blood clots in the umbilical cord and placenta.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"