Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Disney questions

Sorry - I know Disney questions are asked a ton!

We are thinking about going to Disney for spring break 2013 (so 2 years from this March/April).  The girls will be 5 and 6 1/2 so I am thinking that's a great age.

Tell me about your experience doing the land/sea package.  How many days at Disney World and how many days on the cruise did you do?  Was it enough for both.  What are the must do things when you do it this way.  Where did you stay.  Where did you book the trip though?  Did you book it as a package or did you book it on your own so doing each one on its own.

We will be going with my parents who will be 72 at the time.  They are in great shape right now.

Any information you can share would be great.

Thanks
Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 

Re: Disney questions

• Options

We didn't do a Disney cruise but we did visit Disney World for 5 days.  DD was 2 1/2 at the time and she really enjoyed herself.  We visited 2 parks (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom) and stayed at a resort about 5 miles from the park.  We stayed ALL day; probably arrived at about 11-12 and didn't leave until 8-9.  We ate at the parks and also brought some snacks of our own.  We booked our lodging through the resort's website and bought tickets on-site the day we arrived at the park.  

• Options

we've never done the land and sea package, but we did have about 20 days spent at Disney in 2010 and I used to work there. I agree that 5 and 6 are great ages, and it's good that you're starting your planning early. I would recommend staying on Disney property. It's easier to get around with their transportation, and you get extra magic hours at the parks. I know lots of people like to get up early and stay at the parks all day, but we like to go back to our hotel during the afternoon to rest so DD isn't falling asleep when it comes time for fireworks. You'll want to get as much in as you can in a few days, but realize that it is absolutely not possible to do everything in a few days and make a list of what is most important for your family to see and do.

The bibidi bobidi boutique is a fun thing to do with little girls, but it's also pricey. My daughter has done it once and we did a princess lunch afterwards and we have some beautiful pictures from it. If you want to do character meals, or other nice meals for that matter you should book early. You can book meals 6 months in advance. I highly recommend getting up and calling exactly 6 months out at 7 am when they open to book your dining if where you eat is important to you, but since you'll be doing the cruise too you might want to do quick meals at the parks so you have more time for rides. just depends on what your priorities are.

Animal kingdom is best early in the morning. Once it gets hot the animals don't like to be out in the open much.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"