July 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone take (Zyrtec)CVS Brand Zyrtec?

My doctor approved regular 24 hr Zyrtec for me. Thank goodness b/c its the only one that helps with my allergies. She said as long as I don't take the one with the D on the end it is ok for pregnant women.

BUT....now I find out that we shouldn't be buying  the Zyrtec CVS brand even though its cheaper...

I won't go into detail, but the CVS Zyrtec is produced by a not so hot company that gives money to not so hot people. My husband just let me know this, as it is part of his job to stop companies like this (which is why I can't go into huge detail) for our protection.

Just a little FYI :)

Edited : to correct that it is the CVS brand Zyrtec, not the Zyrtec brand that is produced by Dr. Reddy's.

<3 DCRider
Baby girl due 1/22/14!

Re: Anyone take (Zyrtec)CVS Brand Zyrtec?

• Options

There are generics for Zyrtec.  Your post is kind of silly though.

"a not so hot company that gives money to not so hot people"?  Really?

Like democrats?  The Taliban?  Pro-choice people?  Teapartiers?

What do you need protection from?  Are the Zyrtec people going to hunt you down?

This post gets a huge side eye from me....

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

my guess based on her post is you were closer with taliban than with democrats.

It is true. I buy CVS generic... does he know if the generics are ok, becuase i find it just as good. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
    SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageaesf:

It is true. I buy CVS generic... does he know if the generics are ok, becuase i find it just as good. 

As long as it isn't teapartiers.  I'd seriously have to switch if they gave to teapartiers. 

I actually do take the generic of Zyrtec and will continue to. 

The "for our protection" line is what is getting me.  COME ON.  If someone was truly worried about their protection they wouldn't be posting ANYTHING on a public message board.  Additionally, I doubt any organized crime elements are going to hunt down a random girl on a message board.  

Sorry, but this is one of the weirdest posts I've ever seen in my time on the nest, knot, and bump.  And I've been around for quite awhile...

• Options

Generics are fine. I know the CVS generic is fine, as it is manufactured by CVS.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Its definitely not as silly as it sounds, its serious, and they will likely be shut down in the future.

<3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imageaesf:

As long as it isn't teapartiers.  I'd seriously have to switch if they gave to teapartiers. 

The "for our protection" line is what is getting me.  COME ON.  If someone was truly worried about their protection they wouldn't be posting ANYTHING on a public message board.  Additionally, I doubt any organized crime elements are going to hunt down a random girl on a message board.  

Sorry, but this is one of the weirdest posts I've ever seen in my time on the nest, knot, and bump.  And I've been around for quite awhile...

Its not for my protection or our protection. Its for the protection of our country if that gives you a better idea without me spelling it out. And I am not being vague for the sake of the message board. I just thought that I would share. I'm not worried at all about some one coming after me on a msg board....lol. I just don't know who might be on here that might know him. And that is why I am vague.

<3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imageaesf:

Me too. I hate teapartiers.  When they came to Boston I got yelled at so many times just trying to go to class or enjoy my nachos.  The nacho guy got an earful, and almost a face full. YOU NEVER RUIN A NACHO EXPERIENCE. EVER.

I guess I am just very trusting.  Also I have friends who work for the DOD and say stuff like this from time to time (the crypticness.. not the actual content).  Seriously I handed a guy a 20 so he could take a bus home for his moms funeral... and watched him walk into the projects (probably for crack).   But anyway I buy it. :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
    SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • Options

Duplicate post.

I still beleive it though.  Good thing im cheap and dont buy real zyrtec 

SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • Options
    imageaesf:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageaesf:

Me too. I hate teapartiers.  When they came to Boston I got yelled at so many times just trying to go to class or enjoy my nachos.  The nacho guy got an earful, and almost a face full. YOU NEVER RUIN A NACHO EXPERIENCE. EVER.

I guess I am just very trusting.  Also I have friends who work for the DOD and say stuff like this from time to time (the crypticness.. not the actual content).  Seriously I handed a guy a 20 so he could take a bus home for his moms funeral... and watched him walk into the projects (probably for crack).   But anyway I buy it. :-)

Ah this. My husband is a contractor. And you should see some of the crazy cryptic stuff we get from his friends and coworkers! Telling us when to travel and when not to travel, but they are right 95% of the time! So we listen to them and trust them!

<3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Options
    imageDCrider:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageaesf:

Its not for my protection or our protection. Its for the protection of our country if that gives you a better idea without me spelling it out. And I am not being vague for the sake of the message board. I just thought that I would share. I'm not worried at all about some one coming after me on a msg board....lol. I just don't know who might be on here that might know him. And that is why I am vague.

Uhhh, don't you think that if you (some random person) knows something fishy is going on the DOD knows and is dealing with it?

If you are truly worried, why not contact someone who can do something about it? 

I just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.  

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imageDCrider:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageaesf:

Uhhh, don't you think that if you (some random person) knows something fishy is going on the DOD knows and is dealing with it?

If you are truly worried, why not contact someone who can do something about it? 

Ok, I know that they are dealing with it, b/c my husband is dealing with it as part of his job. His team deals with this sort of thing on a daily basis and they are working to shut down companies like this.   I just thought some people might want to know about it, as we have decided to stop buying it to avoid giving further support to this company. I am a firm believer that everyone can make a difference no matter how small.

The post was simply an FYI. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not trying to force beliefs on anyone or tell you what to do, just and FYI about the company that manufactures and sells Zyrtec products.

<3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Options
    imageDCrider:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageDCrider:
    imagekatie4253:
    imageaesf:

Ok, I know that they are dealing with it, b/c my husband is dealing with it as part of his job. His team deals with this sort of thing on a daily basis and they are working to shut down companies like this.   I just thought some people might want to know about it, as we have decided to stop buying it to avoid giving further support to this company. I am a firm believer that everyone can make a difference no matter how small.

The post was simply an FYI. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not trying to force beliefs on anyone or tell you what to do, just and FYI about the company that manufactures and sells Zyrtec products.

But it isn't an FYI.  FYI actually gives information.  Your post gives none.  No one can make an informed decision based on what you posted. 

• Options
    Hmm  *backs out of post*
  • Options
    Zyrtec is made by Pfizer pharmaceuticals, one of the largest pharma company in the world. Good luck avoiding every single product they make. I highly doubt they directly do something that the DoD would be all over but I'm sure they have many subsidiary companies in various levels of research and manufacturing. They often own/make products beyond medications. My MIL works for a different pharma company and they are constantly monitored by various government organizations on how they conduct business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    Awww SOB. I misunderstood MH. It is not the Zyrtec brand, it IS the CVS brand that is manufactured by Dr. Reddy's. And that is the company. Sorry for the confusion. I will edit above post. So its the Zyrtec you want to buy.
    <3 DCRider
    Baby girl due 1/22/14!

• Options

*scratches head*

A Taliban tea party with nachos?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"