Parenting after 35
Options

Blankets

Does your LO use one? T had been using it since 6M but what's the use because he ends up sleeping on top of it!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blankets

• Options
    Jason still ends up sleeping on top of it at 3.5. I followed recommendations though and didn't have anything in the crib until he turned 1.
  • Options
    Yes, she has had one since 6 months also. She sleeps on her tummy and ends up on top of it. It is such a security thing for her now. She cannot sleep without it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ellie loves a blanket and she's had one in her cribs since around 8 months.  And yep, she's just as often on top of it as under it.
  • Options

I have tried one with Michael but he ends up with it tangled around his legs it wakes him up.

• Options
    Sydney has a little pillow that she LOVES. You would think I wouldn't be scared to put a blanket in with her at night, but it makes me nervous. I put one over her every once in a while during naps. But only after she is asleep. She moves around too much when she first goes down. It gets too tangled up around her.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

C's always slept with a blanket, right from the start.  I figured it's better for him to get used to it than to fear that slight risk of suffocation.   That's why I do still use his motion detector monitor, tho.

He can't sleep without it and LOVES the big fleece ones right now that it's so chilly. 

• Options

Owen has had the same one since he was a year old & still sleeps with it every night or needs it when he is not feeling well. 

Liam has 2 blankets that my Mom made since he was a year too.. they go everywhere with him. 

Keegan has one really big blanket that my Mom made too, he has had it since 6 months (since he tried grabbing Liam's blanket) & loves it & brings it around the house with him - but needs it for bed time too.  Keegan sleeps with the blanket over his head too - I am a little less stressed since it was knitted & has holes.

Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Not after we stopped swaddling but before she was one year old (so not from about 3 to 12 months). When we did start we used a crocheted blanket my aunt made. Before that we just used sleepers. She still use sleepers because she doesn't usually stay covered up.
  • Options
    DD#1 started getting one in her crib at about 8 months. She still has that blanket and she'll be 3 very soon. She takes it to daycare every day along with her favorite dog lovie.
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options
    I try not to because he's almost 7 months, but when we had some cold weather come through here a few times, I put one on him after he was mostly asleep. He slept much better with it on since he was warmer. 'course I was still very nervous and checked on him often. I know crazy since he's my second; but my boys are so far apart in age.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"