Alabama Babies

kind of urgent

So today I went to the mall with my mom to do some last minute baby shopping. I had noticed this morning that I hadn't really felt any kicks.

So when we got home I went and sit down with my feet up for a while, still no kicks. So I decided to drink a huge glass of juice, always get DS moving like crazy. I felt 1 tiny little wiggle but then nothing. So I started to really freak out and called the on call dr. She said to lay on my left side for an hour and if I didn't feel 4 kicks to come in. He started to move a little while on my side. I had always been told to look for 8 to 10 kicks.

I'm going to call my regular OB in the morning to see what she thinks. But I am kind of nervous since he has always been super super active and now just today nothing. Should I just go in tonight anyways?

Re: kind of urgent

• Honestly he is probably just having a quiet night and he's running out of room in there :)  Did you get the 4 kicks they were wanting?  But I can understand your concern.  If you think it will make you feel better and more at ease then go in.  You have to do what you feel you need to do. 
  • imagestar21gazer:
    Honestly he is probably just having a quiet night and he's running out of room in there :)  Did you get the 4 kicks they were wanting?  But I can understand your concern.  If you think it will make you feel better and more at ease then go in.  You have to do what you feel you need to do. 
    Definitely this. Towards the end you don't usually feel as much just because the little guy is so squished in there. Hang in there, you still have a couple of weeks until your EDD. I know it's so hard to wait at the end but most first time pregnancies go 40+ weeks. I know that's not what you wanted to hear :( Good luck and call your regular OB if you feel like you need more reassurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"