February 2011 Moms
Options

WTCrap, if she's dropped--

Then why the CRAP do I still have toes in my ribs?!?

Argh. I can tell she's dropped not by looking at myself- never really was very good at telling if my babies had dropped since I carry so low anyway- but because it feels like her head is CRUSHING my pooper and rubbing against my pelvis. It hurts! All the time, from the second I roll out of bed til I crawl back in at night. Nothing alleviates it. I know this feeling all too well, but I didn't remember it so early with my other two, nor do I remember it so painful. I see my OB on the 7th, so I'll ask her if there are any stretches I can do to alleviate the pains. I still have heartburn, but not as much as I used to. (yay! one perk)

It was a useless vent, sorry. I just feel better whining to ladies who probably feel my pain too. DH is clueless because he's never felt a baby head crushing and rubbing your pelvis from the inside.

CafeMom Tickers
imageimage

Re: WTCrap, if she's dropped--

• Options

I had "bowling ball crotch" feeling with dd. It was awful and I can feel your pain!!! From about 34 weeks on, I was miserable. I actually showed up at the doctor without an appointment at about 37 weeks, bawling and I could barely walk! I had not slept for days and I begged them to help me. She agreed to do an amnio (no urgency in scheduling) and IF and only IF her lungs were good to go, then she would induce me. The scheduled the test for the next Wednesday and long story short... couldn't get the test done, cancelled my induction for Friday and my water broke on its own on Saturday morning.

Anyway... she wanted me to wear one of those maternity support belts that go under your breasts and all over the place. She said that would keep the baby up a little higher. Also, the only way I was comfortable was laying on my side with two huge pillows between my knees. It felt like it really opened my hips and pushed her up, off my bone.

Luckily, I have not had this issue this time BUT he has not dropped yet. He is still up way high and I am having trouble breathing. I think he uses my boobs as punching bags when I don't wear a bra!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't need a belly bra with my last two... have any suggestions on a good one?
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The one that she wanted me to get, she gave me a prescription for and I had to go to a medical supply place to get it. I looked into getting it but my insurance only covered part of it. I would have used it for just over a week and I would have had to pay about $100 for it... so I didn't bother.

I had a friend recommend one from BRU that is just around the belly and not the between the boobs one but I have not needed one this time....as of yet! I think the one at BRU was about $30.

Personally, I don't think I could handle the full support one. Betweent he support straps and a bra and then my clothes.... I don't really think it would be very comfortable. Although a "bowling ball crotch" isn't very comfortable either, lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My ob's office recommends

underworks.com/maternity

Also noticed stuff on jcpenney.

I need to order something too, although I think you're in a lot more pain...hope you can get better!

• Options
    imageaug05dc:

My ob's office recommends

underworks.com/maternity

Also noticed stuff on jcpenney.

I need to order something too, although I think you're in a lot more pain...hope you can get better!

Thanks Augie, I'll check those out.

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageTiffanyTheMom:

Then why the CRAP do I still have toes in my ribs?!?

Argh. I can tell she's dropped not by looking at myself- never really was very good at telling if my babies had dropped since I carry so low anyway- but because it feels like her head is CRUSHING my pooper and rubbing against my pelvis. It hurts! All the time, from the second I roll out of bed til I crawl back in at night. Nothing alleviates it. I know this feeling all too well, but I didn't remember it so early with my other two, nor do I remember it so painful. I see my OB on the 7th, so I'll ask her if there are any stretches I can do to alleviate the pains. I still have heartburn, but not as much as I used to. (yay! one perk)

It was a useless vent, sorry. I just feel better whining to ladies who probably feel my pain too. DH is clueless because he's never felt a baby head crushing and rubbing your pelvis from the inside.

I just noticed your mentioning "I still have heartburn, but not as much as I used to." At the first sign of heartburn just try this - taking a tablespoon of dill pickle juice or eat a dill pickle - followed by a glass of milk a quarter to a half hour later if the stomach still feels queasy. This works wonders for me on both heartburn or acid reflex!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"