Single Parents
Options

holy moly. I have a date!

My friend is setting me up with her boyfriend's friend. It was totally their idea, but I've been considering starting to date. From everything I've heard, he sounds pretty great. This is going to be weird, but may as well get that first post-split date out of the way. Do you all think it would be better for the first date to be a double date or 1:1?

Re: holy moly. I have a date!

• Options

I have no authority, having not been on that first post-split date...

But I think it might be more comfortable, if it's a completely blind date, to do it in a group.  That way it's more casual, less pressure...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!!  That sounds like fun.  Personally, I'd do the group thing.  Then, if you don't like him it won't be so uncomfortable. But if you DO like him, you can steal away for some one on one!  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's exciting! I think you're right, it will be good to get that first date out of the way, even if nothing comes of it.

For me personally, I would prefer one on one. I don't know why, I just feel like things could be awkward in a group. I know they could be one on one also, but I just feel more comfortable being myself with just one other person. I guess it would also depend on my friendship with the friend and boyfriend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've been in this situation.

A mutual friend set my and my current BF up. She invited him to come and meet me at our weekly playdate/coffee meet up.

It was SOOOOO comfortable. She kept the converstation going where there might have been akward pauses. And I felt like I was able to show him more of who I really am and see more of who he was in our interaction with the friend and the kids. At various points each of us got up to do something (pee, get more coffee, change a diaper, etc.) so I had one-on-one time with him, time to talk about him with my friend, and time for him to talk about me with friend)

And I got immediate feedback (that he was SO into me. YAY!) from my friend after he left.

So, I'm an advocate of the double date or just a casual meeting. Maybe they would have ya'll over for dinner or game night at their place. Something fun that will stimulate conversation and laughter.

• Options
    imageThePunkyMonkey:

And I got immediate feedback (that he was SO into me. YAY!) from my friend after he left.

This is a good point too.  I got together with C on a group "thing" more than a date where a ton of our friends all got together and went to an event this summer.  It ended up being a really fun night and we hit it off really well (well, now I'm not certain if I really liked him or if it was alcohol induced, but it was still fun nonetheless). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"