January 2011 Moms
Options

Coming home outift...

I know a lot of you have already posted about this but to be honest I hadn't thought much about thinking this out until I started putting my bag together.  I have a couple of really cute onesies and a cute hat to bring her home in but I know that's not enough.  I'm in Ohio where its about 25 degrees currently so I know she needs more to wear home.  What are you dressing your LO's in to come home?  I'm sort of stressing over this.

Re: Coming home outift...

• Options
    I'm in OH too. I'm bringing a newborn outfit and a 0-3 month one as well. Oh yeah and an undershirt. A little hat and I bought a lil pink snowsuit. And blanklets-I want her to be warm lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm bringing 2 sets of pjs with feet, 1 NB size and 1 0-3 month size.  Who knows which one she'll fit into.  A couple of hats, mittens, and a fleece suit with hood.  Its warm, but not poofy so should be safe for the carseat.  I am also bringing a warm baby blanket for draping over the car seat. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just a cute, warm fleece onesie with feet and a hat. It may or may not be that cold here, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In SW Ohio so she will have a footed long sleeved sleeper/outfit with a hat and a fleece suit.  I got a shower cap cover for her car seat and a friend of my MIL also made one for her and a matching 'star' out of the same material which is fleece but not using it because it is huge.
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options

I'll admit that DH is supposed to buy an outfit, but I *might* have something squirreled away in case he procrastinates (which he admittedly is).  It is a long sleeve side-snap top and bottoms with footies and a matching hat.  I also got this as a gift and will bundle LO up in that along with blankets upon blankets.  Gotta love Ohio. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'll admit that DH is supposed to buy an outfit, but I *might* have something squirreled away in case he procrastinates (which he admittedly is).  It is a long sleeve side-snap top and bottoms with footies and a matching hat.  I also got the pic below (from Target) as a gift --it is so soft--and will bundle LO up in that along with blankets upon blankets.  Gotta love Ohio. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have both a pink and a blue sleep and play with feet (we're team green), an undershirt, mittens, and a hat.   The truck will be warm when DH pulls up to pick us up in front of the hospital, and I will have the fleece shower cap cover on the car seat, so this LO will be warm enough. I"m in PA, and the temp here will be about the same as OH.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

I have a bunting just like allobosc that has built in mittens, I have 1 NB and 1 0-3 outfits with a hat and those have built in mittens and feeties. Then I have a blanket. I also have a cover for the car seat that came with it. Oh yeah, then have NB and 0-3 onesies for underneath.

I also read on a previous post about a tip to bring the car seat into the hospital prior to being discharged so it can warm up. It's cold here in NJ too. 

• Options
    I'll be bringing a full outfit that I purchased. It includes a onsie, pants, sweater and hat. But it wont really matter because he'll be bundled up in a snowsuit and I have  a cover on my car seat as well. I Iive in Canada though and I expect it to be really damn cold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't think this is anything big to stress over.  The baby will go from the warm hospital to the warm car to the warm house.  A will wear some cute little sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie with a onesie underneath.  We'll tuck a nice warm blanket around him once he's buckled in and put a warm hat on his head.  I think he'll be fine.

FWIW, I'm in the Philly area and it's about 25 degrees here at the moment too.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options

I am also from OH, so I plan to bundle the little one up.  I am going to bring fleece pants, a long sleeved onesie, and a fleece hoodie in both newborn and 0-3 month sizes.  I will also put him on a fleece hooded jacket that we bought from the Gap, a hat, mittens and a few blankets.

• Options

imageizzourclue:
    I'm bringing 2 sets of pjs with feet, 1 NB size and 1 0-3 month size.  Who knows which one she'll fit into.  A couple of hats, mittens, and a fleece suit with hood.  Its warm, but not poofy so should be safe for the carseat.  I am also bringing a warm baby blanket for draping over the car seat. 

This exactly -- only 4 pj outfits (we're still team green!!).

• Options

They really don't have to be majorly bundled to go home.  You'll put baby in the carseat inside the hospital, cover her with her blankets.  Go from the warm hospital into the warm car.  She'll be fine for the short trip to the car.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"