Ohio Babies

Birth Certificate

My son was born on Oct. 11th at Riverside.  We filled out the paperwork for the birth certificate there.  We have received his SS card, but still no birth certificate.  Is it taking this long for anyone else?

Re: Birth Certificate

• It should have came by now. I would call them and ask them what's taking so long. Have they cashed your check? If not, maybe it got lost in the mail.
  • You have to send away for the birth certificate. The paper work that you filled out at the hospital was simply the information that would go on the BC (to my understanding).  Click here for more information. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • They took forever to send mine too and I had to contact somebody about it (I don't even remember who it was or the contact info) and then it was there the next week. They didn't seem very organized considering I only got it because I contacted them after it had been like 2 months.
    no
  • I was told it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the bc and I think it was around week 7 that my sons arrived in the mail he was born in April
  • imageOSUtiff:
    You have to send away for the birth certificate. The paper work that you filled out at the hospital was simply the information that would go on the BC (to my understanding).  Click here for more information. Good luck!

Yeah, unless you gave the hospital a 25 dollar money order or check and told them to send in the form to the Columbus Pubic Health, you wont get it. The hospital gives you a form to send in, and you will need to send the money order in with the form. Birth Certificates are not free.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"