Blended Families
Options

updates!

What a freaking marathon of a day! Whew!Drew was taken in for a 3 part surgery this morning - tubes in his ears, cleft palate repair, and the removal of his tongue-lip adhesion. The whole thing took just over 3 hours (and Mommy was a basket case the whole time!).Tubes were easy-peasy, adhesion removal was routine, and palate repair was a success. They didn't have quite enough live tissue to work with, so they had to use cadaver tissue to fill the gap (which made me go "ew, gross!" in front of the surgeon like a 12yo, haha) but they - and we - are very pleased with the results. His retronagthia (underdeveloped jaw) has grown enough that he is no longer considered a "difficult airway," and his intubation tube was able to be removed right away - something we weren't expecting to happen until tomorrow. He is heavily medicated (narcotics for at least a week) but is "alert" enough to be staring at the TV. He's not engaging with anyone, but who can really blame him? He did try to take a bottle by mouth already which is HUGE (and the determining factor for when he'll be released) but swallowing was just too painful during the first attempt. He also has some "oozing" around the stitches, which is draining into his mouth/down into his belly which is causing some discomfort. We are not optimistic for a release tomorrow (roughly 40% chance) but are hopeful he will be good to come home on Thursday.Thank you ALL for your T&P and support these last nine and a half+ months. There is only a 6% chance he'll need an additional surgery at age 5, so that is amazing :) *****DH was also in a very serious car accident 2 weeks ago. Totaled the car, and ended up in the hospital, etc. Because of this, it delayed his move, but he is leaving tomorrow for his job training in TX. Give us the strength to get through these next 14 weeks healthy and happy! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: updates!

• Options
    That's awesome. And Erin, wow, when did your pregnancy fly by. I can't believe you are going to be having another one very soon. Smile
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    I am SO happy that it went well and looking forward to the update that little Drew goes home.  I am glad your DH was ok, like you guys need anymore stress right now!
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So happy that everything went well!

PS - are you moving to TX? Will your DH be able to come home for the birth of baby girl?  Im glad to hear that he is recovering... You have to be stressed!

and I agree with the PP - your pregnancy flew by! I remember when you were still anticipating Drew! Do you have any names picked out?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

This pregnancy is definitely flying by for me too. I feel like she's getting "left behind" with the lack of belly pics, etc. :( But everytime I try and do better, more craziness comes up and distracts me!

J+R - DH is doing a 12 week training course, and rather than switching OBs this late in the game, I am sticking it out up here at my parent's house. I will join him in TX with the babies probably mid-April once things are settled and I'm recovered from the birth. He has already spoken with the company, and they plan on PAYING to fly him here for the birth. Awesomesauce! And her name is going to be Adelaide Aileen. Old fashioned, but family names that we LOVE! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear that Drew's surgeries went so well, and that your DH is doing ok after the accident! Sounds like you have some very busy times ahead of you guys. GL to your DH in the job training!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
  • Options

Great to hear Drew is doing so well.  My heart was aching at the thought of him trying to drink his bottle - give him a big hug from me :)

Poor DH - hope he is ok.

I love the name Aileen - it's very popular in Ireland. 

• Options

Glad everything went as planned. Wishing Drew a speedy recovery. What a tough little guy. That is great news about 6% chance for another surgery. That is extremely love.

Love your 12 year old moment!

• Options
    Thanks for the update, I'm so very glad that everything went easier than planned! Make sure you are taking time to rest as well, it sounds like the past couple weeks have been stressful. Cheers to a great 2011! Beer
  • Options

So glad his surgery went well, and that your DH is ok!

Where in TX are you moving??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    YAY!  I'm so glad all went well and DH seems to be doing better.  And yeah, holy cow you're pregnancy is almost over already?!?! How did that happen???
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"