Health & Exercise
Options

exercise after a c-section

I had a c-section and am itching to start doing some for of exercise.  What are some good light exercises and how soon did you start after the c-section?

Re: exercise after a c-section

• Options
    I just walked/hiked until my 6 week appointment and then I went back to my regular routine (running, weights, classes, hiking, skiing, etc. etc.)
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    I didn't get approved to work out until 8 weeks, but I waited an extra 2 after that because I was still very sore. I started out walking on the treadmill for 3 days, then the eliptical for 2 days and then I started cycling class and a bootcamp class at the gym. I did ok with the cycling, but the bootcamp was a little much (especially the ab exercises). I also did a couple water aerobics classes which was nice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got the all-clear for non-impact cardio (Spinning, elliptical) at 3 weeks. Definitely ask your doctor. I didn't lift weights or do abs until 6 weeks after my checkup.

Everyone is different but I definitely felt like my lower abs were going to fall out for the first few weeks. I had to wear really tight tops to hold everything in.

For reference, it's been a year and everything is great! I have some extra skin because I had a BIG baby and I'm a small girl, but the ab muscles themselves and everything are back to normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"