January 2011 Moms

Stretch Mark Creams

I am trying to get all of the things I will need after the delivery. What stretch mark creams were recommended to you? Do any 2+ time mommas have any input on which ones to use or stay away from?  TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stretch Mark Creams

• I will probably just let nature take its course. Stretch marks naturally tend to fade to a silvery color in 6-12 months. If they really bother me, I might do vitamin E or cocoa butter, which are natural options. The verdict is out if those things just help general skin health versus actually making a difference. Lotions and such don't actually penetrate deep enough into the skin to deal with the deep "damage" that happened. Time is the cure. Some people say Mederma can make a difference, but it contains ingredients that I don't use.
  • I've heard great things about Mustella.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • You should be using the creams before the baby comes to help them fade after the baby comes.

Nothing will cure or prevent stretch marks, but the creams will help them fade over time.

I use Palmers Coca Butter belly butter.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I use Mama Mio and Burts Mama Oil since week 0. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My derm told me that no amount of cream/oils will help with stretchmarks (may help w/elasticity of skin, though) if yours are genetically inclined.  My mom had awful stretchmarks, and even though I put lotions and oils on all the time (Mama Bee, Bio Oil, Neal's Yard balm and oils), I got stretch marks very similar to my mom's.

My derm did recommend one of two things if I really wanted to get rid of them post-partum 1) get them removed by laser (they have to be the red stretchmarks per my laser hair salon's advice) or 2) try scar reduction sheets and put them on your belly under a Bella band or similar to hold them in place (I bought the large sheets on HollywoodBreastForms dot com).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"