Alabama Babies
Options

advice?

any advice as to what to do on the plane with Lydia?  Does she need earplugs or should I give her anything that would help?

Also, planned on having her blocks, books, snacks, change of clothes (and for me too just in case), blanket, but trying to make sure I don't forget anything.......

Re: advice?

• Options
    I have never flown with a child, but I have always heard to give them a bottle while you are taking off and landing so that their ears will pop.  Good Luck!
  • Options

I've not heard of infant ear plugs so I'm not sure if they'd work, but definitely like PP said have either a paci or bottle that she'll suck on during take-off / landing when her ear pressure will change. Hopefully you'll get a plane with a diaper changing table in the restroom too. I definitely appreciated that table! {it was on the side wall directly above the toilet...actually gave me plenty of room}

Also, if she just won't take a bottle/paci maybe she'd chew on some snacks. The ear pressure never really bothered M. Really it was our last flight back at ~11 mos where the 2.5 hrs of boredom made him super ancy. We'll avoid flying now until he's older & then we'll invest in a kiddie DVD player or bring a little laptop.

Don't forget to bring infant meds/nasal suction thingy too just in case. Those things are tough to find in the terminals.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

great idea about the bottle, hadn't even thought of it!!!  She'll take the paci if she doesn't do the bottle so hopefully she'll be ok.

Amanda, it's a chartered flight (with the team so hopefully it'll be accomodating for me with her).

I'll have my iPad and she has games and I'll put movies on it for her to entertain her.

I'll definitely have the aspirator for her since she'll hopefully be better by then but just in case!!!

• Options
    imageaubie96:

Amanda, it's a chartered flight (with the team so hopefully it'll be accomodating for me with her).

I'll have my iPad and she has games and I'll put movies on it for her to entertain her.

I'll definitely have the aspirator for her since she'll hopefully be better by then but just in case!!!

Girl, I forgot! Y'all will have it made then...no nasty looks as you board, direct flight so no layovers & I'm sure it'll be a roomier plane in general =)

No worries, sounds like you've got a great list of things to bring!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"