Alabama Babies

Random Poll!

Okay, ladies. Christmas was 3 days ago...let's revive our board!

1. How was your Christmas?

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what?

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now?

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH?

5. One thing your DH is better at.

6. One thing you are better at.

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans?

9. How many LO's do you and DH want?

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.

Re: Random Poll!

• 1. How was your Christmas?  Wonderful!  It's not over yet, either :)

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? Of course 
    If so, what? DH and I are going to read the Bible through, become more organized (I am very forgetful), Lose weight (like a million other people), but I had success last year and now I know what works, I just kinda fell off the wagon this fall and will get back on it in Jan. for Scale Back Alabama.  I lost 25 lbs last year and kept 20 off, this year I'm planning for 25 more! 

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now?  Sweaters/scarves

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH?  He can be impatient at times.

5. One thing your DH is better at.  Handling the "business" part of our marriage (bills, etc)

6. One thing you are better at.  Cooking

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?  Yes, right now I'm thinking a train theme.  We are planning to have it here somewhere instead of trying to have 2 different ones.  Maybe 30?  All I know right now that will be served is cake :)

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans?  Going to my mother's for Christmas on Thursday night, then I'm excited for her annual NYE party where everyone wears pj's and we eat a big breakfast!

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? DH says 2 but we'll see...

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.  I got nothing.

• imagemrssamuels2b:

Okay, ladies. Christmas was 3 days ago...let's revive our board!

1. How was your Christmas? Great and a white one at that!

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what? I am not making a resolution but more looking at 2011 as a the start on a new, less stressed, more organized, more focuses, healthier me.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? My turquoise peacoat

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? he doesn't use a wash cloth...he showers with a naked bar of soapIndifferent

5. One thing your DH is better at. Staying calm...he is always talking me down

6. One thing you are better at. Organizing the bills and such...I manage the house and the barber shop

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? I am thinking a western theme...I will probably have it at the church's fellowship hall...its free and has a kitchen...about 30 guests...hamburgers and hot dogs and CAKE!

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? Both families will be at our house...pray for me!

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? We are praying on a second...we know that we want Preston walking, talking and potty trained beforehand

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. Preston is meeting or exceeding all of his milestones!

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How was your Christmas? Hectic and stressful but absolutely wonderful.  I wouldn't chance a thing about her first Christmas!

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what? I've GOT to lose some weight!  I'm so sick of carrying it around, Scale Back Alabama here I come!

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? My new red jacket or my Imogene + Willie jeans

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? He has horrible table manners and sometimes smacks his food

5. One thing your DH is better at. He's better at keeping in touch with our friends and getting out of the house.  After being at work all day every day I have a tendency to become a hermit on the weekends, he's much better at maintaing relationships with our friends.

6. One thing you are better at. Making Madeline happy when she's being fussy

7. (This question in for me) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? I started thinking about it the day she was born Stick out tongue  I'm thinking pink and orange, polka dots and pinwheels for the theme.  It'll probably be in our backyard.  Probably around 30 guests and we'll just BBQ burgers, hot dogs, and have your typical potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw, etc.  Plus some kind of kiddo-food (Mac N Cheese?)

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? Absolutely nothing!  DH is going to be at the hunting club until Saturday.  We're throwing a couples baby shower at our house on Sunday so I'll need all day Saturday to prep - therefore no staying out late and "sipping" champagne on NYE for me!

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? DH wants 3, I want 2.  If we have another girl next time I'll go for a 3rd to see if we can get a son.  If we have a boy next time I'll probably be done.

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. I'm doing all 3 because I'm an AW like that!  Myself:  I just got a big raise and promotion at work!  DH:  won the golf "tournament" between our guy friends a few weeks ago.  DC:  Is SO GOOD at crawling now and has started saying Dadada with purpose!

• 1. How was your Christmas? wonderful

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what? Not resolutions per se, but I wanna really focus on getting out of unnecessary debt and try to stay on top of running the business books better. 

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? My houndstooth scarf

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? He's on his phone all. the. time.

5. One thing your DH is better at. Figuring stuff out/problem solving

6. One thing you are better at.Computer/techie nerdy stuff

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? It's probably going to have a motorcycle theme, hotrod car theme, or have a water theme. I've still got a while to plan.

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? We got a sitter so we're going out on the town.

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? I used to only want one, however I think I'm leaning towards having another down the road.  For financial reasons we need Miller to be outta daycare and in school before we put another in daycare. 

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. Miller has recently cut his first two teeth and he was such a champ about it.  We didn't even know he was teething until the teeth popped through. 

• 1. How was your Christmas?
    good as it was Lydia's first but we are both sick and that is/was no fun.

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what?
    meh, prob not.  I see New Years as just another day and if you're going to change something in your life you should do it anytime : )

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now?
    scarfs!!!

he has about a million different nicknames for Lydia - her name is Lydia silly!!!  meh, that's just a silly one

5. One thing your DH is better at.
    definitely statistics!!!!

6. One thing you are better at.
    cooking!!!

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?
    I'm in the minority here I'm sure.  But we will just have something for family and her godparents.  Prob won't have a theme and will just be something small.  And I don't want her to get a lot of toys or clothes b/c Lord knows she doesn't need it (and we have ZERO room for it!!).  We started her a savings acct and the family will prob mostly contribute to that.  But I'm sure she'll get great stuff :)

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans?
    nada.  Spending it with my two fav people - hubby and Lydia

9. How many LO's do you and DH want?
    well my time is of the essence here as I'm 36, we need a bigger house and I need a full time job.  So until the job is in place we won't make any plans for any more unfortunately

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.
    I loved Lydia's expressions and how her face would light up as she opened gifts.  Priceless to me.

• Yay-thanks, this board has been silent =)

imagemrssamuels2b:

1. How was your Christmas? It was Wonderful...our 1st as a family!

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what? Probably not. I'm bigger into Birthday Resolutions now.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? Leggings

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? He's OCD about cleanliness. Makes this SAHM feel a little inadequate sometimes...

5. One thing your DH is better at. Computer & Tech stuff, he's the pro.

6. One thing you are better at. Cooking

7. (This question is for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? Yes, it'll be a Mickey Mouse theme because it's Mason's absolute favorite show...we watch it multiple times on DVR. Every. Single. Day.

This is a timely question because I couldn't sleep last night and stayed up until FIVE A.M. planning and ordering things for his party {his BDay is in 6 weeks & it slipped my mind with Christmas & LO#2}. As of right now there's ~30 guests {but only 13 invites} & we decided to have it at our house since I'm guessing maybe only 7 families may make it. We'll be serving lunch so the kids will have Mac N Cheese, Pigs in a Blanket & Chicken Nuggets while the adults will have Deli Sandwiches, Chips/Dip, Cheese/Crackers. And then Cake/Cupcakes/Candy on the dessert table.

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? DH mentioned yesterday he wants us to stay off the road and would like to do a movie at home and then go out for lunch on NYDay. Honestly I don't even know if I'll be able to stay up til midnight this year...sometimes my bedtime is 9pm!

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? 2, one boy & one girl...we've got it covered!

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. M can't say "Dakota" so he calls her "Baby Du-kah"...man that kid warms my heart!

• 1. How was your Christmas? It was good, Mitchell was too cute enjoying his new goodies - people were very generous with him. And I enjoyed spending time with family and friends, especially my BFF and her family and her parents because they live in Cali and I don't get to see them much.

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? Yes. If so, what? Thankfully this year I don't have to say "lose weight" because I've been doing that for a couple months, but I will continue. This year I have to become more organized and routined in the house.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? Don't really have one - I really need new clothes.

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? Giving LO junk food. DH has bad eating habits and I don't want him passing that to my sweet boy!

5. One thing your DH is better at. Keeping me calm. I tend to stress and he keeps it pretty level.

6. One thing you are better at. Better in the kitchen and better at house business.

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? We did the big sheband for the 1st birthday so for the 2nd it'll be just a little gathering in the kitchen with the grandparents and our sibs + kids on the actual birthday no matter what day of the week it is.  Cake and ice cream!

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? We don't have any as of yet.

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? I always wanted to have 2 and adopt 1 but as of now I'm sticking to the 1 we have. :)

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. DS is talking up a storm. Sometimes it's a lot of babble but I just know he's having a serious conversation about something!  I love it!

• 1. How was your Christmas? It was good. We rotate who gets Christmas each year, and it was the inlaws turn. Missed my family, but the white Christmas made it worth it as well as just watching her on Christmas morning.

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? Start reducing some debt.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? while I am off-my pjs!

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? he has a difficult time expressing his feelings (mainly when something is bothering him)

5. One thing your DH is better at. handling bills

6. One thing you are better at. creativity

7. (This question in for me) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?  thinking about doing a Candyland theme at our house, not sure though considering that we will just be getting back from Disney-may be small

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? celebrating Christmas with my family

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? 2 or 3-won't be planning on another for a few years though

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. while I was out of town with my grandmother, DH cleaned (although now it doesn't look like it) and surprised me with a new computer even though we said we weren't exchanging gifts with each other this year

• . How was your Christmas?  Wonderful.  Parker made our Christmas so special. 

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what?  Yes, to get back into my old clothes.  I lost all my pregnancy weight but I gained about 10 pounds before I got pregnant. 

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now?  Nothing.....I absolutly hate everything I put own.  My pj's even look horrible.

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH?  I can't stand for him to leave a cup in the living room beside his recliner.  It's not that hard to put it in the dishwasher.

5. One thing your DH is better at.  Thinking things through.  I always jump into a decision and regret it later.  I have learned the hard way that if I would listen to what my DH says I would be better off. 

6. One thing you are better at.  Cleaning the house.  He's so sweet to help but I rather do it myself.  I am rather picky when it comes to my house.

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?  Yes, right now Parker loves frogs so I am considering a frog theme. 

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans?  We have company coming in town to stay but no major plans.  We will probably grill and enjoy the company.

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? 2

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.  Parker will be 4 months next week and he is starting to be so much fun.  He loves to hear himself "talk". 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. How was your Christmas? It was nice! It was different and more low key since DH and I stayed home this year, but it was enjoyable. We made a great dinner, went to see True Grit (seriously good movie) and hung out and home and watched it snow. :)

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what?  I haven't thought about this yet, but if I make one, I think it needs to be for me to goive myself a break now and then, not be too had on myself as I tend to do.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? This is a tough question as I have arrived at the awkward phase when even my maternity clothes don't fit  quite right anymore...lol. I love the new long sweater my mom got me for Christmas from NY and Co. though. It's made to be baggy/long, so I can wear it now but also postpartum

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? That I have to ask him several times to do something at times. It's not intentional whatsoever but makes me nuts, because he is so laid back and says he'll get to it., but it makes me feel like he never will. lol. 

5. One thing your DH is better at. cooking!

6. One thing you are better at. planning~ haha.

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?  Obviously LO isn't here yet, but I think we'll do something along the lines of what Katie said. A big party would stress me out and isn't really our style-besides the fact it'll be close to Christmas.

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? So far, to get sparkling apple cider...DH's request.. We'll probably will hang out at home and watch movies. 

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? I always thought 2 or 3 before we started talking about it seriously. DH said 2. But then when I got PG, DH said one is fine by him, too (He's an only child himself.)   I still think I'd like another but we've agreed not to seriously discuss it until after Owen's arrives and we've adjusted to life as parents after some time.

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.  I don't feel like I've done much exciting lately but I am super proud of DH.  He's working on his doctorate and his mentor recently told him she thinks he can be done in early 2012!  That's the first time she has given him a more defined time frame (these things are typically pretty flexible and it  still depends on how a lot of things go). He's getting ready to get a paper published and this is good news because has to do that twice before graduation.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1. How was your Christmas?  It was amazing!  I was so glad to have my little one here and to be able to share her with our family.  It was truly great.

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what?  I have a few resolutions.  First, I am going to learn to use my sewing machine that I've had for almost a year now.  I know how to work the machine, but reading a pattern is a mystery to me.  My mom is coming over Sunday for lesson #1.

Second, I plan on doing the Couch to 5K program and running the Race for the Cure in October.  I am doing it in the hopes of losing some weight to feel better about myself and to be a healthier person in hopes of keeping up with my daughter.

Last I plan on being typed to become a bone marrow donor.  Kellie's story has really touched me, and I want to be able to give someone the ultimate gift of a second chance for their loved one.  I may never get selected, but at least I will have the opportunity to now.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now?  My mom jeans that I bought until I can get back into my pre-preg jeans.  They are the most comfortable thing, and I don't have to worry about my squishy belly hanging over the top.

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH?  He is SUPER forgetful!  If it is something that is important to him and he really cares about he remembers fine, but when I ask him to drop off the water bill or something, I have to remind him constantly.

5. One thing your DH is better at.  He is a lot better at not letting people and things get to him as much.  I think that might be a guy thing though.

6. One thing you are better at.  I am better at balancing the checkbook.

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?  I haven't thought about it, but she is not even three months old yet.

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans?  We are planning on getting the house ready for New Years Day.  Hahah!  Fun, huh?  We are having people over for the Alabama game so we need to get the tree down and clean the house.  We've really let it slip since Addie came and I went back to work.

9. How many LO's do you and DH want?  I always thought 3, but now I think 2.  DH agrees with that.  We just want to be able to give our kids everything we possibly can.

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.  DD held her rattle and shook it yesterday.  And then it went straight into her mouth, but she did hold/shake it first. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How was your Christmas? It was really nice. It just went by too fast!

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what? I don't have any. Maybe to eat healthier? To make 2011 better than 2010?

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? A new black turtleneck I ordered from Gap last week. Super comfortable.

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? He piles up garbage beside the trashcan when it's full, instead of just taking the trashcan out. The same goes for the diaper genie. Gross!

5. One thing your DH is better at. He's a better cook than I am.

6. One thing you are better at. I'm more organized and a better planner when it comes to our calendar, I think.

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? I am undecided. We will either have a backyard birthday party (if K gets a swingset for her birthday and we get our yard done in time). Or, we may have a circus-themed party at our church's gymnasium with lots of blow up, bouncy toys.

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? We are going to a party at the Peabody in Memphis. Can't wait!

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? 2 to 3. We'll see though. ;)

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. Over christmas, Kennedy was pointing outside saying "No! No! No!" very excitedly. I could tell she wasn't trying to say "No No." I then asked her if she was pointing at the "SNOW" and she jumped up and down and said "Uh-huh." Apparently she just left the "s" off!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• 1. How was your Christmas? Pretty good...my MIL got to me with some things she did but that's not that unusual for her.  Other than that we had a good one. 

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what? I mainly want to become less of a procrastinator...I don't have time for that now with an active toddler

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now? I don't really have one...I am in desperate need of some new clothes

4. What is one pet-peeve that you have about your DH? he has selective hearing unless it's something that really interests him

5. One thing your DH is better at. remaining calm and not letting stupid stuff get to him

6. One thing you are better at. remembering important things and dates

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve? I still have 10 months so I haven't really given it any thought other than I want it to be smaller than her 1st b'day was. 

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans? not much, ordering take out and watching a movie probably...after the hectic last few weeks we have had I just want a night at home doing nothing...also I highly doubt I'll be able to stay awake until midnight

9. How many LO's do you and DH want? we said 2 initially...then the CF stuff happened.  So providing the test results we need come about then more than likely 2, although number 2 won't be planned for until another year or two...but if we don't get the test results we need then Aubrey will be an only child and I am perfectly fine with that. 

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC. DH is officially done with his 3 and a half year training program at work, and it will made official on Jan 9th...he's worked hard for this.  I'm starting back on Jan 10th to finally finish my masters...a bit nervous though since this will be the first time I have been in school while having a little one.  Aubrey is sooo close to walking...I'm so ready for her to hit this milestone!
  • 1. How was your Christmas?  great!!!  it was really fun.

2. Will you make any New Year's Resolutions? If so, what?  probably not!  I'm with Katie on this one.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing right now?  loungewear, ha!

5. One thing your DH is better at.  he's better at finding solutions for little problems (can't think of an example right now, but how to fix things, etc.)

6. One thing you are better at.  organizing

7. (This question in for meBig Smile) Have you begun thinking about your DC's birthday party? If so, what theme? Where will you have it? How many guests? What will you serve?  I have no idea what we'll do.  LO#2 will be born probably within 1-2 weeks of his next birthday, so we'll figure it out closer to time.

8. What are your New Year's Eve plans?  stay at home, watch kathy griffin, sleep and eat.

9. How many LO's do you and DH want?  2 or 3, leaning towards 2.

10. AW something about yourself, your DH or your DC.   cute thing LO did at Cmas- he got a little playhouse that has a sink.  the second time he went inside it, he went straight to the sink, "turned it on," and rubbed his hands together (washed his hands).  it was really random and cute.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"