High-Risk Pregnancy

This feels like a full-time job!

I hope it's okay to complain here - I'm just having one of those nights.

I feel like this pregnancy is a full-time job in itself. Tracking my protein intake to get at least 160 g a day, taking 12 pills at different times each day, lovenox injections, 2 blood pressure checks, and now blood sugar testing and a new diet. All on top of an actual full-time job and caring for a 2-year-old, so many doctor appointments, and supposedly getting ready to raise twins!

I was lucky to have my first 20 weeks thinking we had a "normal" pregnancy - so I know this really hasn't been going on too long. And I'm very lucky that all my conditions are controllable (so far) and shouldn't be hurting the babies. But I'm so tired! I look forward to this all being over -- except that as soon as it is, I'll have two newborns to care for, which isn't exactly a break.

How are you coping? Are you depressed and exhausted, or handling this all pretty well?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: This feels like a full-time job!

• imagemissfire:

How are you coping? Are you depressed and exhausted, or handling this all pretty well?

I go back and forth between the two honestly. Some days I handle it well (and those are usually also the days I feel physically better) and some days..... yeah, crying city!

Hang in there, you are going to have two beautiful children soon and eventually (you know, like 20 years from now) you will forget all this.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemissfire:

I definitely know what you're feeling like. It seems with me I'm either ALWAYS at an appointment or getting a shot or trying to play with my other three children. It definitely doesn't help that my youngest is going through a jealous thing right now and isn't accepting the fact that I'm pregnant with another sibling. He acts like it's simply the end of the world for him. I'm constantly either stressed or exhausted. It's definitely been an adventure to say the least. lol.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"