Blended Families
Options

SS the Bully...

BM called today livid.  Apparently a kindergartner was "beating up" SS on the bus.  Somehow that didn't sound right to DH and I, so when SS got here, we explained that we were planning to go to the school to view the videotapes of the bus incident and, if need be, the videotapes from the entire school year.  We gave him the opportunity to explain why this kid all of a sudden felt the need to hit him.

He had told BM that this kid hit him unprovoked, and she called the school flipping out.  She didn't get the response she wanted, so she called the district office.  Somehow, something didn't seem quite right... like there was a reason that she didn't get the indignation she was looking for.

He finally told us that he'd been picking on this little boy on the bus, and that finally the kid had snapped.  (My words, not his.)  If this wasn't the second time in two years that this had happened, I don't think we'd be quite as freaked out.  Anyone have any advice?  We've tried groundings, taking toys away, etc.  None of it has been successful.  What would you do if you caught your SC being a bully?  And what do we say to BM?

image     image

Me (34): MTHFR, PCOS, Endo, left salpingectomy due to hydrosalpinx, 
hypothyroidism, low AMH (0.26)/normal FSH/average AFC of 12

Him (33): No known issues

November 2013-March 2014: Natural cycles
April 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
May 2014: Clomid 100mg and Ovidrel trigger -- BFN
July 2014:  IVF class -- Check!
Holy crap.  Unmedicated BFP 7.22.14.  EDD 4.01.15.
Best April Fool's Day ever!
Now on Lovenox, prenatals, Vitamin D,
Folic Acid, and Synthroid.
Please be our take home baby.

Re: SS the Bully...

• Options
    I wish I had advice on how to get through to him but I am not shocked that taking away toys would not work, he will get them back and then do it again, it's not a natural consequence...not that I can think of one.  As for BM, have DH (or you if your relationship is good enough) call her and tell her about your conversation with SS and that he admitted he was picking on this younger child.  See what she suggests as consequences if you have not thought up your own and if you have then share it with her.  Good luck.  Oh, and maybe talk to the school psychologist to see if they have a suggestion.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"