VBAC

vbac

Just wondering ladies feelings who have had a c-section and are now considering a vaginally deliver? I am in the situation and am so confused about what to do. I'm leaning towards vaginal for the experience and it's less stress on my body. However my doctor had told me I can't be induced I don't want to go in to 41 and 42 weeks pregnant! I was 41 the last time!

Re: vbac

• wha? What are you asking?

This is a VBAC board; therefore, most of us are considering VBACs.  You can't really control when you go into labor.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I had a VBAC with DD a few months ago and I was worried about going over due as well.  I was 40+5 with DS but went into labor with DD at 39+3.  It's hard not to stress about it, but the docs can find "creative" ways to still let you VBAC if you go overdue.  Mine told me that they would let me get to 41 weeks before we talked about a date for the c-section.  Then we could negotiate out to 42 weeks pretty much by saying that you have a tough schedule for childcare for your first born and it should give you enough cushion to go into labor on your own.

Were you induced the first time?  If not, your odds of having a spontaneous labor again are good and second babies are "usually" sooner.  If that is your only worry, I would definitely go for the VBAC.  The experience was life changing and the recovery is so amazingly easy compared to the c-section (at least in my experience) .  Good luck! I think I drove my OB's nuts those last few weeks with worry about not going into labor soon :P It was all for nothing.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree that 2nd babies are usually sooner, and if you went into labor on your own last time, you probably have nothing to worry about?

BUT, honestly, why worry at all? I don't mean that in a harsh or snarky way. I mean, really, think about how important this is to you and ask yourself: What's one week?

Despite the term "due date" MOST babies are born after it, if left to their own devices. The 40-week time period is not even a good AVERAGE, much less a good measure of when you should be "due" by. 41 to 41.5 weeks is NORMAL. 100% totally normal. I know, believe me I know, the final days of pregnancy feel like they last forever, but it's manageable. I'm not sure it's possible for someone to hate being pregnant as much as I do LOL but I can go 41 or 42 weeks if it's in the best interest of my baby, and it almost always is in everyone's best interest to let labor start on its own.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"