Adoption

Freaking out! (in a good way)

We were assigned our social worker last Friday, and she called this morning to schedule our 3 home study meetings.  And the first one is TOMORROW!  While this is fantastic news I have so much to get done before she gets here- and of course DH is out of town so useless to me! 
But she wants to meet with him next week and us as a couple the week after, which means this is moving much faster then I thought it would. 
*deep breaths* 
Thankfully DH's extended family (like 32 people) were up last weekend so the house was seriously cleaned for them, but that doesn't stop my brain from going 900 miles an hour!

Re: Freaking out! (in a good way)

• Congrats - we just did our first home study on Tuesday, so yes, it is nerve wracking, but it will be GREAT. As a matter of fact, after spending the entire weekend cleaning and prepping, she ended up not doing the house walk thru!!! GOOD LUCK, YOU WILL BE GREAT!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Great news!

Okay, now...try to relax.  Think about all of us here.  Have you ever heard of a home visit go wrong/bad?  No.  So, see?  It's not as scary as it seems.  I promise!

I know that there's nothing anyone can say to make this less nerve-wracking, but just try to convince yourself that everything would go well even if they came by in 5 minutes...all the rest you do between now and tomorrow is just icing.

Good luck!  (not that you need it.  ;-) )

• Thank you voices of reason.  DH tried to calm me down for a while, but wasn't super helpful, just tried to help list things to do!  Blah.  My mom was cute and pointed out that maybe this was a sort of "test" by the social worker to see how we handled last minute things.  That (along with knowing that everyone here has survived one )definitely helped.  I just have to keep reminding myself that while not perfect our house is great and fairly clean.  I just have things I was planning to get done before she came that I still want to try to do tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"