Houston Babies
Options

Premier OBGY (Katy)

Anyone use them? I'm currently trying to pick my Dr. I've seen the best reviews about Patronella and Schmidt.

How is the practice? Are they quick to get you in? Do you typically have to wait a long time in the waiting room? How is the nurse?

TIA

Photobucket

Re: Premier OBGY (Katy)

• Options

I think many girls that live in this area use them and like them.  I see Dr. Schmidt and really like her.  I've also heard good things about Dr. Patronella as well.  They have always been able to get me in quickly for an appointment (although you have to call well in advance to schedule your annual).  I really like the practice.  The office is clean, they are professional and I usually did not have to wait very long to see my doctor.  It just depends on what time your appointment is on the wait time. I don't think I ever waited more than 30 minutes.  The nurses were always friendly.  They do have a new policy that they don't really want children in the office with Mom so that would be the only negative for me, but it's not a big deal for me to find childcare for the limited amount of times I should need to see her in the future.

• Options

Patronella was my doctor but Schmidt was the assistant surgeon when delivering DD.  I absolutely love them both!  Patronella paid close attention to every detail during the pregnancy.  She caught something very dangerous although I had absolutely no symptoms.  Instead of brushing it off as an error, she looked further into it and found some pretty nasty results.  Her quick actions after that saved DD.

The only thing I didn't like.. towards the end of my pregnancy the waits were pretty long.  I went from morning to afternoon appointments and sometimes waited more than 1 hour to see her.

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been seeing Dr. Schmidt since 2005. She delivered my son in 2006. Since I've been seeing her about 5 of my other girlfriends have also started seeing her. I had a high risk pregnancy and she was wonderful. I never had to wait long and she takes her time to answer any questions and listens to your concerns.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have something to share with the class?
  • Options
    I also use Dr. Schmidt and love her.I like that I can ask questions and she gives me a straight answer. The nurses I've seen also have been very nice and respectful. The only Dr. I haven't liked at the practice is Andrews, who was the one Dr. on duty who checked on me during my stay after my C/S.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with pp.  Stay away from Andrews!  She's awful and had me in tears after my surgery.  I had the nurse remove her from the room and asked that she never come back.  She was so rude and was yelling at me even though I had no clue what was going on because I was still doped up on mag.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageNanner:
    Do you have something to share with the class?

Yes...do we?????? Saw in another post you were looking at some cribs. :-P

Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options

imageZAngel:
    I agree with pp.  Stay away from Andrews!  She's awful and had me in tears after my surgery.  I had the nurse remove her from the room and asked that she never come back.  She was so rude and was yelling at me even though I had no clue what was going on because I was still doped up on mag.

YES! She's rude, rough and made comments about if I'm always so scatterbrained or whatever worded she used when commenting on what the nurse claims I answered to some question the night before. Hello!! Just had major surgery, was drugged up from it & on other drugs due to having a barely there blood pressure. Hmmm.... you think maybe I might be a bit out of it ??!! Aside from the fact the nurse told her incorrectly and when I tried to explain that, I was the one loopy in the head?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"