South Florida Babies

I go back to work next week...

and I'm really anxious about it.

In a way, I'm looking forward to it because my coworkers make my day fun and it passes by quickly.  However, I've been trying to get promoted to assistant principal for the past few years and they expect you to put in the extra hours without the extra pay.  But, I really want to make a point of leaving by 3:15 everyday so that I can spend QT with Elise in the afternoons. 

I also have some anxiety about spending so much time away from her.  My mom is going to take care of her so that is a huge plus for us.  She comes over almost everyday to watch her while I run errands or get things done around the house.  So, I completely trust her.  My aunt is also going to pass by and help her out twice a week and she took care of babies for a living.  But, even for just that hour or two that I'm away from her running errands, I'm dying to get back home to be with her.

What I won't miss are all the household chores.  That to me is more exhausting than going to work.  Doing laundry, dishes, cooking, and cleaning everyday is not for me.  I'm so glad DH agreed to hire someone to clean once or twice a month so we don't have to spend our weekends doing chores.  If you have any recs for a cleaning lady, please let me know. 

Any advice for getting back into the work/mommy routine would be greatly appreciated!  Oh and is there any way to lose these extra 15 pounds in a week so I can fit into my work clothes?!?!?

Re: I go back to work next week...

• I feel you with being anxious!! I too go back to work on Monday!! Yikes!  I'm not much help on ways to prepare b/c I'm in the same boat!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have noticed that everyone's first day back at work is different. Heck, my first day back with Sophia was very different than my first day back at work with Isabelle. My problem was never that I did not think that my baby was not going to be well taken care of. It was always that I was going to miss her like crazy! So what I did before I came back to work (with both) was have pictures printed for my desk. I had a mousepad made with Sophia. That way they are there with me, in a way.

What also helped was talking about them. People are going to ask you about the baby all day long and believe it or not talking about them helps you miss them left because it makes you realize that even while you are at work you carry them with you. Corny but true.

Going home NEVER felt so good. Right now I am doing ZERO overtime. I come on time and leave on time. This is much too an important time in my kids' lives and there is no way I am going to stay at work late unless I absolutely have to. I am clocking out at 4:30pm on the dot and heading to the daycare. Don't worry too much about the dishes or laundry or all of that stuff the first week. Go home and change your clothes and snuggle your baby. Spend as much time with her as you can.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know exactly how you feel Adri! Going back to work can be more anxiety-provoking than having the actual baby! lol After having kids, all I think about is spending the least amount of time necessary at work so I can be home with my kids so I understand the feeling. But at the same time you do have aspirations to move up to assistant principal so you will have to make a few sacrifices in order to get the position...it's all about balance.

You will get used to being away from the baby. And she will be in great hands so once you see how well she does, you will become more comfortable with it. You will miss her like crazy, but it will make your reunion time after a long day at work so joyful and rewarding.

Yes, household chores are the worse when you have kids! Some mom's can do it all, but I personally don't want to spend my free time doing household chores on the weekend when I could be spending quality time with my family. So my mother's cleaning lady comes once every 2 weeks and I just do maintenance cleaning the rest of the time.

The biggest advice I could give is to make sure you have everything ready the night before you go to work. I prepare the kid's clothes, sweaters, plates for breakfast, milk for the morning, my clothes, my bags. I put as much in the car as possible the night before so I don't have to worry about carrying things the morning of. Other than that, you will get used to the morning routines and it will be smooth sailing from there.

In terms of weight, I don't have too much advice there since I didn't lose all postpartum weight till almost 4 months. I started fitting into my work clothes at around 3.5 months so I had to wear a few of my bigger pants for the first few weeks. Now, I am fitting into all of my regular clothes.

Good luck with all the last minute preparations for going back to work. The first few days are not that easy (at least for me, I was very emotional) but you get used to it!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I think the first thing is to make sure you have everything done the night before. I went back to work part time so far and that has made my mornings so much easier. The first day I think I called like thirty times it was horrible! Now it is slightly easier but not that much :) Good Luck on your first day back!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"