On Christmas Eve I got my copy of my medical records from my c/s and it was not at all what I expected. Here is what I found out:
The highlights are as follows:
- I was admitted at 40 and 6/7 weeks pregnant.
- I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced at a -2 station
- The contractions when I was admitted were considered inadequate
- I was considered to be in latent labor-They admitted me due to the pain I was having when using the bathroom.
My operative report gave me the following information:
- The primary reason for my c/s is listed as arrest of descent at 0 to +1 station after pushing for one hour at complete.
- While it is listed that I was also rushed away for nonreassuring fetal heart rate the primary reason is arrest of descent (Another way of saying Failure to Progress?)
- DD's heart rate was in the 120's the entire time while in the OR.
- My epidural- was inadequate for surgery.
- DD was in the ROA position during delivery- not an OP position as I had originally thought.
- It also states that she had a large head- I don't know what is considered large but her head measured 38 cm at 15 days- but this translates to CPD- small pelvis
- When DD was delivered her head "way deep in pelvis" but the doctor was able to get her hand around her head and dislodge her head. It didn't sound like they had any trouble getting her out as my doctor had told me.
My c-section incision:
- I have a primary low uterine transverse incision
- From what I understand from the reading of the report I also have a double layer closure.
My gut is telling me that this was really another unnecesarean and that if I was given more time to allow my DD to move down prior to pushing that this might have not happend. I am wondering what you all think of this. Does a VBAC seem possiable for a future delivery?
I am switching providers and will most likely be going to the doctor that delivered me 28 years ago for my next pregnancy, until he is no longer practicing (he is 63 years old) and then will ask him for his recomendation as to who to go to. I know they say to wait between 18-24 months between deliveries so we are hoping to try again around DD 1st birthday in August. I would love to hear any advise you all have for me.