TTC after 35

Day 35...still nothing and a question

Hi Ladies,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! 

I did a silly thing...even though I knew I didn't ovulate this cycle (because I had my progesterone checked and it was 0.2), I still tested on Christmas night hoping that a "miracle" occurred.  Of course it was a BFN and then I actually had the nerve to get depressed about it!  Like I didn't know it THAT was coming!  Anyway, now I'm on day 35, still no AF, and really no symptoms that it's going to start anytime soon.  I'm so irritated.  

On a positive note, I do have an initial consultation with an RE on 01/03/11, so hopefully that will be productive.  Questions...Have you ladies had your DHs with you for the initial consultation?  Is there going to be an exam?  Will DH be asked to provide a "specimen" that day?  I apologize for so many questions.  I'm just a bit anxious about it and think I would feel better if I knew what to expect.

Thank you to any / all who respond.  Best wishes to everyone! 

m/c at 6 wks 2002
Endometriosis, s/p lap 2009
Behcet's disease, s/p partial vulvectomy 2010
Started bromocriptine to lower prolactin level 2010
Clear HSG 11/2010 :)
DH morphology = 4, rest of SA looked good 01/2011
02/2011 First Clomid 50mg cycle
BFP 03/02/2011
No heartbeat at 10w5d 04/18/2011; D&C 04/23/2011
07/2011 Second Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
08/2011 Third Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
10/2011 First Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
11/2011 Second Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
12/2011 Third Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFFN
01/2012 Fourth Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = ?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Day 35...still nothing and a question

• hate the extra long cycles ... totally irritating.

i did not have dh come to my initial consultation.  they took some blood but there wasn't an exam.  dh had to schedule his sperm analysis.

good luck.

• Sorry you are having a long cycle and not ovulating.  I would be irritated as well.  I have my first RE appt on 1/6/11 and DH is coming with me.  I want him to hear what the doctor says etc as I don't know how much he listens to me when I talk about it! haha. I O'd on Christmas so barring the miracle BFP, I will be 12DPO at my appt.  I assume they will start with bloodwork on CD3 and I was assuming they would send DH for a specimen at another appt.  I think they do some type of physical exam for me the first day but I'm not 100% certain.  Good luck to you and keep us posted as we will be on the same testing track!!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're going through this. I can relate with being upset that there wasn't a "miracle", I've done that too!

I did take my DH with me to my first appointment which was recommended by my practice when I made the appointment. I'm really glad I did since it is a joint effort and we're approaching treatment as a team.  We met with the RE who reviewed our medical histories, asked us some questions, and then did a pelvic exam and vaginal ultrasound on me. We then met with the coordinator who went over the tests we needed (including some for DH, so it was good for him to hear), and after that with the financial coordinator to go over the costs (also good for him to hear).  They did not do the semen analysis that day, and wouldn't schedule one until he had bloodwork done for STD screening. 

Good luck!

My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 4/10, Dx: MFI IVF planned for April/May
  • I'm so jealous of all you ladies that have your RE consult in January! We booked ours all the way back in early November and couldn't get in until February 4th. Part of the problem was that DH is only available on a Mon/Fri because he travels so much for work.

• Yes.  DH was there.  It is sooo overwhelming it really takes two people to absorb it all!  No he didn't have to do a sample, but yes there was an exam.  It is also good to have him there to help look at the scan screen.  It is a bonding time for you.  Good luck on your journey!  It can be a rough road so it's best to share it when you can.  -Pix
    About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Hi!  DH & I went to our consulation appt w/ the RE together.  We only sat down & discussed what we where going to try doing & thast it, but probably b/c DH had his specimen tested & I had my screening & B/W done thru my OB & everything was forwarded to the RE.

I just want to say GL & I wish for the best for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you all for the wonderful advice and encouragement!  I really appreciate it.  Good luck to everyone with upcoming RE appts!
    m/c at 6 wks 2002
    Endometriosis, s/p lap 2009
    Behcet's disease, s/p partial vulvectomy 2010
    Started bromocriptine to lower prolactin level 2010
    Clear HSG 11/2010 :)
    DH morphology = 4, rest of SA looked good 01/2011
    02/2011 First Clomid 50mg cycle
    BFP 03/02/2011
    No heartbeat at 10w5d 04/18/2011; D&C 04/23/2011
    07/2011 Second Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    08/2011 Third Clomid 50mg cycle, BFN
    10/2011 First Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    11/2011 Second Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    12/2011 Third Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = BFFN
    01/2012 Fourth Clomid 100mg cycle with Ovidrel trigger = ?
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"