Georgia Babies
Options

lightening crotch has an actual name!

so it only took three pregnancies to get an answer to what I've always called "lightening crotch".  I had mentioned it when I was 34 wweeks pregnant with Finn which is when it started and the doctor totally blew me off saying "well, most pregnant women complain of back pain", seriously?  anyway, when it happened again with Riley I just didn't bother to mention it.  but this time it started again at 25 weeks and is so much worse so I mentioned it again (because as it turns out I also have varicose veins in my labia, awesome) and she said it is called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (you can google that, ha!).  Anyway.....she mentioned a support belt, which I've been wearing, and she mentioned that it could be possible to do physical therapy for it if the pain was really bad.  The pain is really bad but to be honest I don't know how I'm supposed to find childcare for all those physical therapy appointments.  Anyway, just wondering if anyone here has had this and if you found anything that helped.  At this point it hurts to walk, roll over in bed, get in and out of the car, get dressed, basically do anything which is not good considering I'm here to play with the boys all day long every day and a lot of that activity is painful.  :(

Re: lightening crotch has an actual name!

• Options

I've been having the worse back pain this go round as well.  I have the support belt but of course it is the lesser of 2 evils because it is so uncomfortable and it looks all jacked up under my clothes.  I know your boys are taking advantage of you being pregnant.  I can see them running from you right now (lol).

• Options
    I am 21 weeks preggo with Baby #2 and have been having chronic back pain this go around.  I have an appt go see a chiro this week who specializes in pregnancy jand I am just hoping to get some sort of relief.  My pain is in the lower back into my right butt cheek.  I googled 'Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction' and man that sounds painful, I feel for you!!  I hope you feel better soon and get some relief.  It is thought to affect up to one in four pregnant women to varying degrees.  Ouch!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm 17 weeks and have terrible back pain this pregnancy.  Very strange.  I haven't tried the support belt yet, but I guess its about time to go get one.  I couldn't decide if its just harder this time or its the fact I'm chasing around a 17 month old all day.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh my gosh, I had no idea SPD is what lightning crotch was! I could have totally commiserated with you! I had this with both pregnancies but it was a thousand times worse with Ethan. I went to the chiropractor 3 times a week and it helped me a ton. My worst problem was that I never got a chance to rest b/c I was chasing a 2-yr-old around all day. If it was an especially hard day with her, I paid for it dearly the next day. If you're interested in trying chiropractic, I can give you my chiro's contact information. She's awesome.

Oh, I would also do some research on the support belt. My chiropractor used it as a last resort. It's supposed to keep your pelvis in alignment, but can inhibit the movement necessary for delivery. I guess that wouldn't matter if you're have a c-section. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"