June 2011 Moms
Options

Rash on belly

The other day I noticed a small cluster of red skin on my belly, then it turned into very small red bumps, its a very small patch like one inch wide maybe, and today It looks like the red bumps may be turning into a very small blister like rash. Has anyone else had a  rash like this? I have never had a rash and this is freaking me out especially with it being on my belly. I am def. calling my doctor tomorrow!

Re: Rash on belly

• Options
    i have and was diagnosed with exzama if that is what you have dont scratch it because it will spread and also if you shave your stomach DONT because it will spread and hurt like razor burn 
  • Options
    It sounds like eczema to me as well.  I have had it at a couple points in my life, but it was only in the dead of winter and was very minor.  Currently, I have two patches on my face and another one on my side. It is really itchy and uncomfortable. If you scratch (which you shouldn't do), the little bumps will break open and ooze a bit and the rash spreads. No fun.  I am currently using OTC hydrocortizone cream at per my doc's recommendation but I'd definitely call your doctor to see what they want you to do.  Regardless, try not to worry, b/c this isn't anything to be concerned about at all; it's just uncomfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a small cluster of what looked like hives and then turned into small blisters. It is very uncomfortable and is painful and burns. I saw my doctor today and was diagnosed with Shingles...definately contact your doctor. I am on anti-viral medications, pain meds, and have a steriod in case it does not go away. I really do not want to take the steriod so I am going to wait a few days.
  • Options
    thanks guys for the reply. Dr told me to put some benedryl cream on it for 24 hrs and see what it does and call him back.
  • Options

imagebcspagirl:
    i have and was diagnosed with exzama if that is what you have dont scratch it because it will spread and also if you shave your stomach DONT because it will spread and hurt like razor burn 

Shave your stomach???

• Options
    Lol yes sounds funny I know but I have known numerous pregnant women who shave their stomach because of the line of dark hair u get when your pregnant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"