School-Aged Children
Options

How old for an email address?

My kindergartener can barely read, but wants his own email so that Nana can send his HIS OWN emails.  They use my account sometimes or she says "Tell Tommy...".

He could never do it on his own, but maybe I can set an account up for him that we do together?

Re: How old for an email address?

• Options

I don't see the harm in you getting a new email account for him to use.  It's not like he can log on himself.  How cool would he be to get his OWN emails? 

I'd do it.

• Options

I set up an email address for my DD when she was real little... like 6-7 months I think. I'll write to family members as her (well, to the other kids) so far everyone thinks its cute. I don't do it often just every 4-6 months or so. I will usualyl attach a picture relating to something we did recently and have 'her' tell about it.

I'll say things like: "I have to be quiet since mommy and daddy are sleeping and I snuck out of my bed to write this..."

I think the cuteness is still there because I don't send email often from her.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest DD has had one since she was 3 -- she loves it.  The other two kiddos haven't expressed an interest in email yet. 
  • Options
    With you helping/monitoring, I think it is a great idea!
    3/2009 ~ chemical pregnancy 7/2009 ~ BFP! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    T1 has had one since he was 7 and he can log in and do it himself obviously, i have the password and check it daily and weed out the crap. He uses it for his Club Penguin stuff and to communicate with his dad and family/friends that he doesn't see every day
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Options

i say as long as you're the gatekeeper, set him up!  and...you could even let him pick out his own address!  that's the best part!!

both of mine have their own address.  they love it, and they strut around, feeling all grown up and independent.  Smile

my DD (7yrs) can read and type, and she loves to email my DH and my MIL, etc.  since she would have to use my computer to email, there's really no worry of anything bad.  and she gets really excited when i say "you've got email!".  my DS (4yrs) likes the idea that he has an email address...but never has any interest in actually using it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    newest addition: Ender Greyson!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"