Georgia Babies
Options

Toxic Synovitis

This is the official name of Gavin's diagnosis.  I just wanted to share b/c I had never ever heard of this before and it really is scary so I thought I would post here in case anyone else ever deals with it.  Apparently it's not that uncommon- especially for toddler boys.  Basically, it's like temporary arthritis in the hip bone and it usually follows some sort of cold/viral infection.  Gavin was much better yesterday but seems to have had a major relapse today and isn't even able to walk :-(  This is breaking my heart but the good news is that it is not serious and will pass on its own in a few more days.  Hoping he'll have some relief by Christmas morning!

Re: Toxic Synovitis

• Options
    So glad they figured out what it is but, geez that is scary. Poor Gavin. Praying for a quick recovery. That has to be so confusing for him. 
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear he is hurting! It is so hard to see our little ones in pain. I hope that it resolves quickly and he can go back to being an active boy that can run to check out his Christmas presents.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor thing! :o( Glad you were able to get a diagnosis! And I'm glad its nothing serious! I hope he makes a quick recovery!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

That is really scary!  Prayers to a quick recovery and a Merry Christmas!

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am glad you know what it is and that it's nothing serious. I hope he bounces back to his old self quickly. Merry Christmas to you guys! 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm just glad you have a diagnosis.  This would be much scarier if you didn't know what it was.   I hope he has a quick recovery.  I can't imagine how hard it is for a nearly 3 year old to not walk.  
  • Options
    I've never heard of that, so glad it isn't serious.  Poor Gavin, I hope the little guy gets some relief soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Poor guy; he's been through (and of course so have you) so much! :(  I'm glad it's not serious, though the name freaks me out too.  Hope he can distract himself with thoughts of Christmas right around the corner AND the possibility of snow--and that he can move around without pain by then!  Do meds help at all for him, or is it just better for him to--ha, ha, this doesn't ever happen in toddlers--rest up?  Hang in there, Gavin!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wow, thats scary. glad it will go away and isnt anything serious.
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"