January 2011 Moms
Options

Are you ladies ready?

As in COMPLETELY ready for the LO to come? I almost feel like I'm missing something... Nursery complete, plenty of clothes, carseat, stroller, bouncer, swing, toys, a small variety of diapers (considering cloth and will p/u more once we know what size & do a trial), bed made, post partum supplies, boppy, formula samples... The only thing I can think of is to finish packing my bag and go by the fire station to have the carseat installed. What do YOU have left to do? Do you feel ready?

Re: Are you ladies ready?

• Options
    I think we are ready.  Now its just about patience I guess.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    I'm about the same as you - need to pack hospital bag and install/inspect car seat. Oh yeah - and wash the bassinet sheets. Those just came today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need to have the car seat installed.  I also need to buy some more baby clothes.  I washed everything I had and once I sorted it into piles according to size, I realized that I had less clothing than I thought.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I saw your post as I was talking about this with DH!

So we're superstitious (fine, I am and our families are - DH is not) so we weren't getting anything for the baby before she came. A big part of that was that we didn't a room full of things if something were to go wrong. A few weeks ago we decided that if we got a couple of things that we could return it would be ok. SO we got a glider that we haven't put together yet. I also got 2 nursing gowns that each came with a matching baby outfit and a crib skirt since I wanted to have it right away. I have to wash the clothes to put them in the hospital bag.

We have the car seat installed and furniture ordered and the room painted and carpeted.

The things we have left: Finish packing hospital bag; clean dust from bathroom renovation; paint bedroom, living room and hallway; get rid of stuff for charity; move furniture we don't need to IL's house; pick up bassinet

The big deal thing is the painting! Thank goodness for vacation!

Sorry that got so long. I guess I just needed to let it out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

I just have to pick up my pack and play and boppy (at my aunt's house, my cousin is giving it to us!!). I also have yet to pack my hospital bag, which I will probably do next week.

Everything else is done. I can't wait to meet LO. :)

• Options
    Ready as I'll ever be!  Just had an appt. with the midwife today and she said, "Now we just wait." I have appts. with her each week from now on. Impatient, nervous and excited all at once! Today I made my first frozen meal for post-baby time.  Probably do some more of that while I wait. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have a ton of clothes, since we are team green and will do more shopping once we know what LO is! Also there are some items that we decided we could hold off on getting until later (high chair, pack n play, etc.), but we have all the essentials or will soon (we don't have the crib here yet, but have a bassinet). We do need to look into getting a second infant car seat or a convertible car seat for DH's car. The one we have makes sitting in the passenger seat a little uncomfortable and it won't fit behind the drivers seat, which is where we want it really, so we are looking for a smaller one.
    Long time Waiting BFP 5/8/10 It's a Boy! 1/7/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Graphics
  • Options
    I think we're mostly ready...we still need to have the carseat inspected, and we haven't lined up a pediatrician yet, but other than that, nursery is mostly set up, the crib is here, clothes are washed, bags are packed and freezer is stocked...I tend to walk around the baby's room eery day though, and i just feel like something is missing...can't figure out what though!
    image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We haven't washed anything. Will wash the bedding, toys, clothes, car seat inserts, bouncer, sterilize bottles, breast pump etc after Christmas I think. We don't have time to do it right now because I am lazy and we're trying to clean the apt inside out. We have a cat, so it's A LOT of dusting and vacuuming in creases. This is important because we basically had to move everything around to clean and wipe and well, we won't be doing this in a while after the baby gets here. DH installed the car seat in his car but it wasn't inspected plus he needs to get an inside out car wash. Luckily my car is super new with less than 1000 miles on it, so we don't need to decontaminate lol

So to answer your question, we are not ready but I am not concerned. I put everything in a laundry basket and if I go into labor, I will just have my sister come over and do it or something. We NEED to pack our hospital bag and baby bag though.

• Options
    imageRedZee:

I saw your post as I was talking about this with DH!

So we're superstitious (fine, I am and our families are - DH is not) so we weren't getting anything for the baby before she came. A big part of that was that we didn't a room full of things if something were to go wrong. A few weeks ago we decided that if we got a couple of things that we could return it would be ok. SO we got a glider that we haven't put together yet. I also got 2 nursing gowns that each came with a matching baby outfit and a crib skirt since I wanted to have it right away. I have to wash the clothes to put them in the hospital bag.

We have the car seat installed and furniture ordered and the room painted and carpeted.

The things we have left: Finish packing hospital bag; clean dust from bathroom renovation; paint bedroom, living room and hallway; get rid of stuff for charity; move furniture we don't need to IL's house; pick up bassinet

The big deal thing is the painting! Thank goodness for vacation!

Sorry that got so long. I guess I just needed to let it out!

I was like this too, and in my family and culture, you don't have baby showers. You usually have a huge get together about 9 days after the baby is born and everyone brings presents (mostly money) and well wishes and gets a sneak peak of the baby (celebration that the baby is actually here). Sooo it was so tough telling people at around 25 weeks with my mom telling me not to tell anyone and then DH and his fam wanting to tell everyone they knew and didn't know. We bought stuff and kept them in their boxes from week 20 or so. Now we are opening them up and most have been opened without the tags attached. I will wash everything next week so all tags will be removed next week, I figured that I'd rather be prepared (have everything on hand) at this point than to be superstitious and have to rush around when she gets here. It's our first baby so we don't know what to expect.

• Options

I have not done most of this stuff.  I have clean clothes for LO, bassinet ready with sheets washed, car seat installed and inspected and a bag packed for him.  I have a few things in a bag for myself, but I found I needed very little last time and most of what I need will have to be packed last minute. 

We haven't set up his nursery yet.  We have been doing construction on the house since August and I spend the last two months getting DD's big girl room ready.  She doesn't want to vacate her crib, so she is still sleeping in the nursery, even though it is empty except for the crib, changing table, and a dresser the kids will share until I order a new one for DD.  DH just painted the nursery yesterday and it looks ADORABLE, but I am waiting to decorate until the new windows are installed.  I have everything in boxes in the baby's closet. 

When I was pregnant with DD, I wanted EVERYTHING ready ahead.  This time I was more excited to redo DD's room - I will probably finish up the baby's room after the holidays and/or when I go on leave. 

• Options
    We have all of the "stuff", all I have to do is pack my hospital bag.  All of the home renovations we wanted done before baby are complete. I prepped all of my newborn CD's the other day, so we are ready (even though we still have a couple weeks)!
  • Options
    I have bee getting antsy as I approached getting to 'term' so I do feel pretty pretty. We put in our car seat bases, just need to get them inspected at the fire station. We got a pediatrician, I'm preregistered at the hospital, and my bag is mostly packed. Now I feel like I am jinxing myself into not having until 41 weeks. lol.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bags aren't completely packed yet, but I don't plan on doing that until I'm in labor. Other than that, I'm completely ready. Baby can come any time now!
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options

I do not have a single nursing bra or tank but I think I am going to wait till after baby is born since supposedly your bobs will get even bigger so not sure what size to get. My hospital has a "boutique" store all about nursing so I will be stopping by there so they can help me with what to get/need. Last minute things I need to add to my bag and also I think I need more clothes for LO (but also going to wait and see how much I really need so will wait till she is born)

OMG I want a donut (i know random but I am so close to taking off to buy one lol)

• Options
    Ready as  I will ever be.  Things are in place and awaiting his/her arrival.  I am just so excited.  So many people have said to try and enjoy my leave and the quiet which I am totally...but I am also at the point of just plain old uncomfortable and would love to finally meet my baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"