January 2011 Moms

Cumin Tea...Speeds up Labor!

My Docs office called me this morning and asked me if I was still having contractions.  I told them yes and the nurse said that I should drink a herbal tea called Cumin Tea!  It can speed up labor and speed up contractions.  She said she  used it with all of her ((Four Pregnancies)).

I just had two cups of the tea and is hoping for some kind of Progress... I was wondering if anyone else had any success with this tea???

IAmPregnant Ticker

https://www.buzzle.com/articles/cumin-tea-benefits.html ((Read About It))

Re: Cumin Tea...Speeds up Labor!

• Haven't heard this one. I heard mint & raspberry tea can do it. There are so many OWT labor inducing things I think my intestinal tract would explode with all the stuff you can try!
  • I know I had three cups of this tea so far today.... Alittle contractions but nothing strong. I guess I just need to wait it outBig SmileIAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The only proven way to progress labor faster is moving around and letting gravity do its job.  Walk, do some lunges (with someone making sure you don't fall), climb stairs, sit on an exercise ball.  You got to open up those hips.  Good luck.  Hope things speed up and go well for you.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • imageizzourclue:
    The only proven way to progress labor faster is moving around and letting gravity do its job.  Walk, do some lunges (with someone making sure you don't fall), climb stairs, sit on an exercise ball.  You got to open up those hips.  Good luck.  Hope things speed up and go well for you.

i always thought this too, in fact the nurse that ran our hospital tour said to remember to walk around a lot when we come to the hospital, find distractions, etc. but the other day at the Dr's office my midwife said sleeping/relaxing is the best thing for labor, the more you relax & less tense you are the quicker things happen. who knows, i don't have any experience to base these things on...baby will come when they're good & ready!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageizzourclue:
    The only proven way to progress labor faster is moving around and letting gravity do its job.  Walk, do some lunges (with someone making sure you don't fall), climb stairs, sit on an exercise ball.  You got to open up those hips.  Good luck.  Hope things speed up and go well for you.
    This is my plan exactly. I'll have my exercise ball inflated soon and I'm exercising and walking again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"