January 2011 Moms
Options

Excess Amniotic Fluid

I had an apt yesterday with my midwife, after checking the heartbeat which sounded good, my belly remained tight.  I usually contract when they check me out since I am laying on my back.  My midwife was a little concerned b/c I was also measuring big so she decided to grab a quick ultrasound, baby looks good but she was concerned because it appears I have a lot of AF.  So she sends a fax to the office where I had my 20 week ultrasound to get some clear answers.  She told me to call them today if I hadn't gotten a call, so I did.  They tell me they are booked for the next 3 weeks. "WHAT"  They are waiting to talk to my midwife and see what they should do.  Just wondering if anyone has been told they have too much AF.  I have been on google and I am trying not to freak myself out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Excess Amniotic Fluid

• Options
    They told me I was borderline with high amniotic fluid but they said really the thing I have a highest risk for is premature labor, but seeing as you are already 37 weeks you shouldn't worry about that. They also said that really the only other thing to "worry" about was having a c-section since with the extra fluid she could turn breech easier then most babies would. Again though, if that is the next biggest thing to worry about, I am fine with it. Could always be much worst. Stay away from google it's awful!
  • Options

My amniotic fluid was showing as slightly elevated at 35 weeks but came down on its own.  I've been having weekly ultrasounds since 32 weeks due to age, lack of prenatal care early in pregnancy & having T2 Diabetes. 

I agree- stay away from google -DH had all of these scary ideas in his head until it came down on its own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses, I finally got a apt on Tues morning, and my regular apt with my MWife is for Tues afternoon, so I will hopefully get some answers.  I am pretty sure this baby is not ready to come out, she seems to be having a good old time in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"