Illinois Babies
Options

:::Chicago Bump Check-In:::

Alright, let's do this (or at least try this)! Perhaps if we build it they will come...

I'm open to suggestions on format, and not sure if I'm the best candidate to do this every week as work sometimes gets in the way of my internet time, but I'm willing to try to start it.

If you want to be on the check-in, let me know what brings you to the bump (Do you have a DC? DD or DS? Month/year of DC's birthday? Are you pregnant (how far along) or TTC?), whether you live in the city or burbs (give me a direction: N, NW, W, SW, S), anything else we should have listed and answer the QOTD. I've put myself on the list to start...

Chicago Babies
kme930, DS born June 2010, city-dweller
etc.
etc.

Pregnant
anyone?

TTC
anyone?

QOTD: What are your holiday plans? 

Re: :::Chicago Bump Check-In:::

• Options

I'll kick the QOTD off too: we're celebrating DS's first Christmas at home then heading to FL for the new year! While I'm very excited for his first Christmas, I know he won't exactly "get" it, but that's ok - we'll take lots of pictures and videos so he can look back on it. :)

• Options

Hello!  I am currently pregnant with our first child :)  We are due April 24th and are having a BOY!  We live in the SW suburbs.  name is mrambo3

QOTD: The past two years around this time we were in Florida but this year my vacation will be spent cleaning our house (which is much needed) and preparing for baby!!  We'll be celebrating Xmas with both sides (total of 3 Xmas').  Our new year's plans will consist of hanging out with some of our friends and hoping to stay up until midnight!! ha!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Happy Holidays!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Everyone! We have one DS he will be 21 months on xmas eve. We live in the far far NW suburbs.

QOTD: We will spending Xmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. We spent last Sunday with my dad's side of the family. On Xmas we will be with my FILs side of the family. It is always crazy organizing our holidays as we typically have 5 events to coordinate.

Happy Holidays!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Chelle2506: I have a DS born 10-10-10

QOTD: Christmas Eve we will just have a low key night with family and my in-laws are coming in from Florida. Christmas morning we will head to my aunt's house on my dads side. Open gifts with the inlaws in the afternoon then head to my parents house for dinner.  Should be interesting! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm all for getting this board going!! 

I'm in the nw burbs, and have a 10.5 month old daugther, born 02-05-10.

QOTD: For the holidays, its dd's first xmas and even though she doesn't totally 'get it' yet, she loves boxes and wrapping paper, so its a good start!! We're celebrating with my parents tonight, il's tomorrow, the 3 of us Xmas morning and then we get together with my dads entire family in the afternoon.

Busy few days coming up, but it should be fun! I cannot wai to see her reaction to all the new toys!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'll play...

We used to be city dwellers, but now live out in the burbs. We have a 2.5 year old and 3 month old twins (hence the move to the burbs. We needed the space!)

The holidays are extra fun this year since my older child "gets it" finally.  Fun! 

• Options

Hi,

I am totally game for this!  I live in Lincoln Square (N. of  Chi).  My husband and I are TTC #1.  We just moved here in June, and I have had a rough go at meeting new people.  I was so sad when this forum seemed dead... I would love to have a good group of ladies to chat and do other things with!

As far as holiday plans are concerned...my husband is a Gen Surgery resident, and works very late on Christmas Eve.  He will be home for most of Christmas Day, hopefully!  We are travelling home to Greensboro, NC for New Year's in visit with the in-laws for a couple of days!

BFP #1- 01/16/11 Missed miscarriage 02/14 Cytotec followed by D&C 02/18 BFP #2- 07/14/11 Missed miscarriage 08/12/11 Awaiting my D&C and subsequent testing Anniversary
  • Options

Great idea! Hopefully this will help get this board going. 

DS was born 10-23-09.  We're the stereotypical couple that moved from the city to the suburbs right before DS was born.  We're now in the SW suburbs.

QOTD: We'll celebrate Xmas Eve with my family and then Xmas Day with DH's family.  DS was very excited at his 1st birthday to open presents, so I can't wait to see how he reacts to presents under the tree! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Hi girls,

I'm glad people are trying to kick this board into gear! I visit too and see that there is never anything new. Maybe we can get it going :)

I'm due April 5th :)

QOTD: We'll head to my sister's house on Christmas Eve to celebrate with the nieces and nephews. Then we'll drive to Peoria on Saturday for an overnight visit with DH's family.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I'm due with our first on April 8. My husband and I live in the city, but on the South Side. This holiday we are hosting my in laws...

Hello April friend :)

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

We live in the N/NW burbs.  We have a DD who is 17 months and I am due with #2 in April.

For Christmas, we will be splitting time between both our families.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So glad to see so many responses. I'll do my best to keep it up! :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone. We're pregnant with our first, due June 24th! Live in Chicago, but far northwest side.....Edison Park area (we might as well be in the burbs)! I usually love the holidays, but this year I have been so tired and am glad that I am finally done with all of the Christmas parties/festivities! Looking forward to what this upcoming year has in store!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTMDMJAOCT07:

I'm all for getting this board going!! 

I'm in the nw burbs, and have a 10.5 month old daugther, born 02-05-10.

QOTD: For the holidays, its dd's first xmas and even though she doesn't totally 'get it' yet, she loves boxes and wrapping paper, so its a good start!! We're celebrating with my parents tonight, il's tomorrow, the 3 of us Xmas morning and then we get together with my dads entire family in the afternoon.

Busy few days coming up, but it should be fun! I cannot wai to see her reaction to all the new toys!

I could have written the 1st part myself.  I have a dd born 02/05/10 and an older dd born 02/12/01.  I live in Northern suburbs.   Had a great 1st Xmas with the little one.  The big one got lots of stuff as usual.  (1st grandkid on both sides)   Younger one is enjoying having new bigger toys to play with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi All!

My name is Candice.  My husband and I are expecting our first - a girl - on April 1st!  So far everything is going smoothly, although time is going so fast and I'm starting to feel totally unprepared for her arrival.

Anyway, we've been living in Chicago for about 2 years and are currently living on the city's west side.

For the holidays this year, my mother-in-law flew in from California and spent a few days with us.  We had big plans, but I was so tired for most of it so spent a lot of her visit in the house - just cooking and hanging out.

• Options
    i've been here almost 2 years and have also found it hard to make new friends.  it seems that all i do is work and hang out with my husband...which isn't terrible...just not the same as girlfriends!  anyway, i love lincoln square - one of my favorite neighborhoods!  good luck with ttc!
  • Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I'm due with our first on April 8. My husband and I live in the city, but on the South Side. This holiday we are hosting my in laws...

kinda unrelated, but i've been reading your blog lately and i really like it :)

• Options
    Hi everyone! i am currently pregnant with our first child also. We are due June19 2011. We are having a BOY!!!
  • Options

Hey, Everyone!

I'm LaSraOrtega, My husband and I are so excited to be having our first child due on June 20, 2011. We don't know what we're having yet, so hopefully we'll know soon!

We live in the northern suburbs, right on the lake/cook border, happily on the lake county side. LOL

I hope this board gets going and more people start to join/comment.

Take Care, everyone!

Oh, for the QOTD, we spend Christmas Eve with my dad and stepmom then went to his grandparents house for more food and gifts. Christmas Day we stayed home and ordered Chinese food. :-) My dad and stepmom came for a visit as well and we watched the movie Despicable Me. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest! image image
  • Options
    I'd love to see the board take off. I'm currently pregnant w/ my first expected around April 20, 2011. My husband and I live in the city (River North area) and work downtown in the Loop. I'm a little late for the QOTD, but we spent the holidays back east (Montreal and Boston) visiting our families. I can't believe it's already the end of the year!
  • Options

I think this is a great way to get the board going!

I have a 7 week old son born 11-6-10. I live in the northern suburbs. I'm late for QOTD but we spent xmas eve with my in laws and had xmas day dinner and gifts at my parents house.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• Options

imagelady3057:
    Hi everyone! i am currently pregnant with our first child also. We are due June19 2011. We are having a BOY!!!

I'm also due on June 19th.  I live in the South Loop.  Where did you go to find out what you are having already?

• Options

I'm really late, but I'm excited to see this board take off.

I have three Chicago babies: 14, 5, and 5 months

I currently live in the city on the west side.

We're probably due for a new QOTD :)

But for the holidays we stayed the weekend at my mother's.

• Options
    Hi everyone! We have an 11 1/2 yr old boy, and I am due with a girl on Jan 12th 2011. We live in Riverside (western suburb near Oak Park). I am originally from the Northside of city, so we spend a lot of time there also. We spent the holiday relaxing at home as I am so pregnant I didn't have the energy to pack up and drive to NW IN to visit parents. Probably the same for New Years as I will probably deliver by c section within a few days after that. she is breech still :( I would also love to see this board get going! Good luck everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi!  I'm expecting my first Chicago Baby on June 27th.  I don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl, but should find out in early February - can't wait!  We live in Chicago, in the Gold Coast area (downtown, north of the Loop).  

QOTD:  We spent Christmas here, sleeping a lot and watching movies - it was awesome!  For New Years, we're going to Dallas to root on Northwestern in the bowl game.  Go Cats!! 

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hi Everyone, 

Yay for getting this board going.   Kme930, thanks for handling.

I have a DS that's turning 1 in January, TTC #2 and live in the NW burbs.

We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's in the SW burbs and Christmas Day was just the three of us at home.

Looking forward to getting to know all the Chicago bumbies :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

Hey Ladies! I'm pregnant with my first and I'm due February 14th (Valentine's Day) I live in Lakeview and will be delivering at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital where my husband works. 

Christmas was great, visiting our families in northern Illinois but I'm afraid New Year's Eve will be somewhat uneventful being that I can barely stay awake past 8 p.m. these days ; )!  Wishing you all an amazing year in 2011!

• Options

HI!  I am new to Chicago (moved in september) and also find it very difficult to make friends!  We are TTC #1 and are just on the first cycle.  I work downtown and I live in Lincoln Park area.  I would love to make some friends (even if it is just online) and learn more about the city etc.  I also think whether I am TTC or I one day get my BFP, it is SO much easier to go through it with people near you!

For Xmas we went back to Michigan to visit my family.  Headed to Phoenix for new years to celebrate with his (he is from MI too but his brother lives in Phoenix)

• Options

I'm a little late to the party but wanted to say hi!  I am pregnant with our first, due 6/6/11.  Currently we are in the NW Suburbs and I'm hoping to move further west into a house in the next few years.  Hope everyone had a good holiday/new year's celebration!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello all!  DH and I just got our BFP on New Year's Eve.. so very early along. This is our first pregnancy.  We live in the NW burbs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"