January 2011 Moms
Options

Breech and measuring small (36wk vent)

Had my 36wk appt today and saw the new Dr. in the practice since mine is OOT and I thought it would be good to at least meet her just in case she ended up delivering me. 

I was surprised that she did an ultrasound today to confirm baby's position.  I specifically asked my Dr. last week if she was head down, "Yep!  Feels like it."  Of course, she's breech!  New Dr. wanted to schedule the inversion today for next week.

I insisted on talking to my Dr. before scheduling inversion AND I guess fundal height has only grown a centimeter so they want to do an U/S next week too.  Baby's fluid level looked good but the smaller size and possible early delivery post-inversion concerns me.  DD#1 was only 6lbs, 6oz although DH and I are NOT small people.

Thanks for letting me rant.  Operation Flip-This-Baby begins tonight!

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
PgAL/PAL Welcome
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breech and measuring small (36wk vent)

• Options
    Sorry she's breech.  So did she flip between last week and this week or was your doctor wrong?  I thought they could feel the position pretty easily and it wasn't usually a guess.  Hope everything is ok with her growth and she's just petite.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options

imageizzourclue:
    Sorry she's breech.  So did she flip between last week and this week or was your doctor wrong?  I thought they could feel the position pretty easily and it wasn't usually a guess.  Hope everything is ok with her growth and she's just petite.

I think she flipped last night.  I commented to DH about how crazy it was that I was feeling THAT much movement yesterday since she had to be running out of room.  Thought it was a bit odd.

Dr. had commented at 33wk appt that baby was head down.  I'm hoping the measurement is just skewed because of the baby's position.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there - maybe she really did turn around just like that!  These babies have minds of their own.
  • Options

Good luck with flipping baby on your own! There are loads of options.

As for the version (BTW, it is version not inversion), if LO is small that can be helpful--it means more leeway in getting baby to flip (downside= more room for bay to flip back on her own). Remember that fundal height is just a general benchmark. At one point in my PG my FH showed me two weeks ahead then u/s showed baby at his normal 5 days behind our known conception date. It has a several cm/week margin of error.

They will probably do u/s before and after the version and maybe even a quick look during it as well, so you may get some of your questions answered sooner rather than later. I hope it all goes well!

• Options
    but doesnt she still have time to flip? i keep hearing they can flip at any time...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"