Health & Exercise
Options

What to eat, what to drink??

Ok, I really don't want to gain weight faster thaan I should, but a steady diet of milk & fruit juice will pack on the pounds.  Any idea what I can drink other than milk water & juice. I am a Crystal Light addict, but now I'm being told by friend that it has to go. I know caffeine is large quantity is bad, but can't I have some ice tea please.

Help!!??

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: What to eat, what to drink??

• Options
    Good luck. I just learned to love water (a little lemon helps). If your OB is like mine, then your friend is right, anything with aspartame is out. I've found a few things though: the Propel brand of fitness water--including the packets that you add to a bottle of water--has sucralose not aspartame. So does the Biggest Loser brand of protein water (the Special K brand is aspartame). Iced tea is perfectly fine as long as you don't drink a gallon of it, over the summer I made my own so that I could make it with decaf tea and Splenda.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Try green tea or Tazo Passion Tea. Neither have caffeine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I loved the Tazo Passion Iced tea, its a great flavorful drink. You can also add a very small amount of real sugar for a touch of sweetness. It won't be nearly as much as you find in a soft drink and it is natural, much better than aspartame.

When I was pregnant I also loved perrier with a squeezed lime and I even drank non-alcoholic beer in the summer when I was craving a cold one. Another idea is to cut juice with water so you have half the amount of juice and half the calories/sugar.

• Options
    You can buy an iced tea maker for about 20-30 bucks, and make all the decaf or flavored tea you'd like!   I'm totally addicted to mine :) They sell them in BB&B
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"