North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: Animal rescues in the Triad area?

Does anyone know of any animal rescues in the Triad area that are accepting dogs? A stray puppy followed my mom & their dog home from a walk yesterday in Kernersville and are trying to find someone to accept her. She appears to be a pit bull mix (in my mom's opinion--I haven't seen her). She is tan & black, and is probably 4 mos old or so. She says she is as sweet as can be. My parents aren't able to keep her. They will probably surrender her to animal control, but wanted to try to place her in a rescue themselves if they can.

Any recs? Or, if anyone you know is looking for a pet, perhaps we can match them up. I can get more info on her if needed.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: NBR: Animal rescues in the Triad area?

• Options
    No recs here, but OMG, how cute is Holly in that little outfit and hat?!? I LOVE it!!!
  • Options
    I would call around the local vets and see if they know of any places or would be willing to take her in.  And I'd put an ad in CL or something too, the owners are probably looking for her.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hughes- If you look on Petfinder.com and type in the area, they normally have a listing of the different animal shelters/rescue groups on the top of their page. She sounds like a sweetie. Hopefully someone can take her in. Also your parents might want to see if she is microchipped. They can do that scan at a vet's office pretty easily. Good luck in finding a rescue/shelter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks y'all... My mom did take her to the vet to see if she was microchipped, and she isn't. She has walked around the neighborhood to see if anyone knows who she belongs to, but no luck yet. A neighbor is helping her out. I think she has also posted an ad either in the Kville news, or on CL (or was going to). I'll suggest Petfinder too.

I know my mom and know she will become attached if she doesn't find another arrangement for the pup soon. They do not need another dog...:-(

• Options

imageerin_aaronsbaby:
    No recs here, but OMG, how cute is Holly in that little outfit and hat?!? I LOVE it!!!

Haha--thank you! Isn't it ridiculous? hehe.. :-)

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

imageerin_aaronsbaby:

It's not ridiculous, we got Eli a set for Christmas :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemrsmikey:
    imageMrsHughesNC:

imageerin_aaronsbaby:

Hehe! She made us take turns wearing it last night. I really should have a picture of DH wearing it in my siggy instead. LOL.

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:
    imagemrsmikey:
    imageMrsHughesNC:

imageerin_aaronsbaby:

Hehe! She made us take turns wearing it last night. I really should have a picture of DH wearing it in my siggy instead. LOL.

OMG, that would've been hilarious!!

• Options

You could try Red Dog Farm...that's where we adopted our dog.  They are based out of Bur-Mil Park on Lake Brandt.  They place the animals in foster homes until they are adopted.

www.reddogfarm.com 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"