January 2011 Moms
Options

If I never see the inside of a mall...

It will be too soon.

I'm done shopping. If I forgot your gift, sorry. Maybe next year. If I have an extra gift, all the better for me.

I spent over 4 hours there yesterday, even more than that today. And I'm done. done. done. (Can I mention 2 weeks ago I was more than 1/2 done with my shopping, but it took this looooong because I'm now so freaking slow!)

Anyone else brave enough for the mall this past weekend? Or planning to still go this week? Are you ok with waddling through mobs of people?? 

Re: If I never see the inside of a mall...

• Options
    I work at Kay Jewelers in the mall. From the second I pull into the parking lot its pure chaos! And I have a theory that all of the weirdos, rude people, and "chosen few" (people who act like they're entitled to everything) only come out at this time, so they're double a pain in the butt! Lol.
  • Options
    I got most of my shopping done early, but have been to the mall to walk. It was a freaking nightmare. People have no consideration for the fact that you are pregnant. Its like I'm this huge pregnant lady but invisible at the same time. Seriously, I've had people slam doors in my face and run into me. After my experience last week I decided for my own sanity I should be a hermit until LO comes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We try to stay away from major retail centers between Thanksgiving and New Years.  If we have to go, we go at 9 am on a Tues.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    imageManduhhMommie:
    I work at Kay Jewelers in the mall. From the second I pull into the parking lot its pure chaos! And I have a theory that all of the weirdos, rude people, and "chosen few" (people who act like they're entitled to everything) only come out at this time, so they're double a pain in the butt! Lol.
    What are you trying to say?? LOL
  • Options

imageMrsLynnyD:
    imageManduhhMommie:
    What are you trying to say?? LOL

Haha I just read that. I totally didn't mean you! I just meant that many people who don't know the courtesy and etiquette of mall shopping come out of the woodwork all at once. lol. Sorry if that sounded bad! :)

• Options

I purposely finished all my shopping weeks ago, knowing that the further along I get the less I'm going to want to walk around stores.  Plus, I had to bring all my family gifts with us at Thanksgiving. Yesterday I had to wait at the post office for 45 minutes though.  It was torture.

I have Friday off, but DH is working all day and night, so I'm thinking of going to BabysRus and Walmart to finish up some stuff. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageKatN1411:
    I got most of my shopping done early, but have been to the mall to walk. It was a freaking nightmare. People have no consideration for the fact that you are pregnant. Its like I'm this huge pregnant lady but invisible at the same time. Seriously, I've had people slam doors in my face and run into me. After my experience last week I decided for my own sanity I should be a hermit until LO comes.

I completely agree!  I also got most of my shopping done early, but 2 weekends ago I talked my hubby into taking me to the largest mall in the DC metro area ("to get exercise")... HUGE mistake.  It was so crowded; people were rude!  My DH was TERRIFIED I was going to get plowed down or elbowed in the stomach.  The point being although I'd love shopping I am avoiding it for the rest of the pregnancy.  I'd like to have a couple more small gifts to add to current gifts, but not going to happen.  Hopefully no one will be disappointed!  Not worth it mentally or physically! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"