Maryland Babies

When did you feel kicks?

Just wondering when you all felt first movement with your little ones. I was told that I should really feel movement by 21 weeks - which I am now - but I don't think I have felt anything that was a definite kick or anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you feel kicks?

• I started feeling "things" ~ 18 weeks, but I never was 100% sure they were kicks/movement until closer to 25 weeks.  They were very small, sort of blippy movements.

Frankly, my DD wasn't very active and I didn't feel her very often or very strongly - at least not at all like what I expected/heard.  I did notice a few patterns though w/ her movement - and would normally get some kind of movement around lunch time and also early mornings. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Both of mine moved a ton- but I agree w/ Kathryn, it's tough to identify something as a true kick until you are a little further along & the baby os bigger & starts running out of room.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started feeling movement in the past few days, I will be 17 weeks Wednesday. My Dr said it can depend on your weight etc, I am on the very petite side of things plus during our 1st ultrasound baby was already flipping and kicking all over the place, and that was at 11 weeks! I can only feel kicks when I am sitting very still, usually at night while reading or watching TV. It doesn't feel like a kick at this point, just like a flutter of butterfly wings on the inside.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think for me I didn't start to feel kicks until I was 25-28 weeks along. I remember late at night DD would get the hiccups, and she seemed to move when I was sleeping.

• I think it was around 23/24 weeks, I felt little flutters around 22 weeks, but I was never certain if they were actually him, but I think 23/24 I felt that definate thump.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I felt my first flutters pretty early, like 16 weeks? Then I didn't feel anything for a while, by 18 weeks I felt regular movement and by 21 weeks he was kicking the crap out of me on a regular basis. All babies are different though!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started to REALLY feel kicks at 22 weeks.  I thought there were some prior, but it was just gas Embarrassed

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS wasn't very active and I had an anterior placenta, so I didn't feel him much at all.  I was probably 22 or so weeks before I felt any definite, strong movement beyond flutters.
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Most feel kicks between 15 - 20 weeks, on later side if it is your first.  Keep in mind that the placement of the placenta can play into your ability to feel early movements.  If the placenta is upfront it can cushion much of the early kicks.

• I just went back and checked my blog - first felt definite, recognizable movement at 18 weeks (pretty sure I had felt little things before then but just wasn't positive that it was baby moving), and on the day I hit 20 weeks, LO kicked hard enough to be felt on the outside.  DH felt LO kick for the first time at 21.5 weeks (LO HATED it when DH would sling his arm over my belly in bed, and would go crazy kicking and punching at the area when DH's arm caused pressure, so DH would do it deliberately to provoke him :P).

LO was always incredibly active, though, so that may have made a difference in how frequently/early I felt him.

• i was at a 20 week U/S and saw him move his arm and felt it.  It wasn't until then that I understood what I was feeling.  Everyone is different I feel him a lot right now which I thought would calm down now that he is running out of room.

It is funny I always knew the kicks could be intense but I never expected that he would make me jump almost.

The biggest thing is don't worry if you aren't feeling the baby yet.  I have heard to expect to feel flutters I never did.  Someone else described if your eye flinches that is what it feels like.  Early on the flinch is what I felt.

• I thought I felt some movement around 16 weeks, but it was closer to 20 before I felt anything but flutters...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"