Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Teacher gift questions

Money's a little tight around our house (DH just started working again after a year in school), but we definitely still want to do something for DS's preschool teachers. He has a primary teacher that he's not too fond of, 3 assistants throughout the day and the afternoon teacher that he LOVES. I know that most will give the two primary teachers something a little bigger than the assistants, but I don't know if it would be appropriate to favor the teacher that he loves. I don't really want to give them gifts in front of all the other teachers, but I know people talk. WWYD?

ETA: Also, does anyone have ideas for the one male assistant? I can't think of anything that doesn't have to do with jerky or something.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Teacher gift questions

• Options
    honestly as a daycare teacher, money is tight for me also.  so i made the presents this year.  I made each of my DD teachers a candy wreath made out of peppermints and then a small trinket that said teacher on it for the teacher that she liked more.  They all loved it cause, it was the thought and not the gift.  Seriously, I love when someone brings in cookies, sweets or lunch, better then a gift.  But to answer your ? I would say gift cards are great(I-tunes, fast food, Walmart)  hope that helps.  And yes I favored one teacher over the other.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually give homemade bread to my kids' teachers.  The flour, salt, and yeast to make 5 or 6 loaves of bread costs about $5.  For the price of your time, you can give a really special gift.  My kids love it when I make bread for their teachers (and the teachers have confidentially told me that they would rather receive homemade goodies than a candle or a teacher ornament, etc.)
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought some nice christmas containers for a $1 a piece and baked a dozen cookies for each and put them in the containers. Ended up costing about $2 a teacher.
  • Options
    Perhaps a sweet note to the favorite teacher is better than a bigger gift.  People do talk/compare and it can only lead to hurt feelings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"