Parenting after 35
Options

it was DH's turn last night

I told him what I did the night before when she woke at 230 (go in and soothe, wait 5 mins and repeat, wait 10 mins and repeat, etc)... so when she woke at 1030 (her last 7 ounces was at 630, bedtime was 7) he did it. I was sleeping but was, of course, woken up by her hysterics. :(:(:(  I laid there for a couple minutes- what felt like 20- and opened the door to the hallway (I was in bed, he was in the office) and asked if he was doing it. He said yes- he was on the FIVE MIN WAIT! Wah?!? It took me forever to fall asleep and try not to hear the crying. :(

Some time later I got up to pee and he was asleep in his office chair so I woke him and asked if he gave in and he said no- said she fell asleep 13 minutes into the 15 min wait. The night before she fell asleep just after I went in after the 15 min wait so I guess it's a little progress?? :(

I absolutely HATE that she has to cry that long. Hate hate hate hate.

BUT, she ended up sleeping thru till the morning- no waking at 230ish.

This morning, DH was kind of upset because Sabrina wasn't really looking at him. I assured him that she still loves us dearly, etc but hot damn I hope she STTN tonight!

click the pic (blog)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: it was DH's turn last night

• Options

I know that letting C cry is the hardest thing I've had to do as a mother. It just goes against our instincts.

She still loves him. I would never have made it through Ferberizing if Caroline had given me the cold shoulder in the morning. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageYaraC:

It just goes against our instincts.

So true.

I thought I would have to leave the house. I didn't, but it was a close call.

But YAY for night #2!!!! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Rachel did worse on night 2 for going to bed when we did sleep training. She cried for almost 45 minutes (with checks) at bedtime where night 1 was 25 minutes (with checks). By night 3 it was only 5 minutes or less and she STTN. Now she may fuss from time to time when we put her down but it is a minutes or two and she has STTN every night except for 2 nights.  One when we were travelling and the other night because she wasn't feeling well. 

Hang in there it will keep getting better and S will always love you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"