Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

HCG not detected until 2 days after implantation?

Yesterday and today, 7/8 dpo, I've been feeling a pinching sensation in the lower left side of my pelvic area.  I just read that HCG is not released until after implantation is complete, and typically takes 2 days to be enough to detect.  Would you think that means I need to wait at least 2 days after the pinching sensation ends to get a positive test? 

I know it's too early too test, but we've been trying for 5 months and this is a new symptom for me.  I will probably start testing at 10 dpo regardless. 

Since I'm a newbie I'll put this disclaimer out there. I'm not looking for someone to tell me yes you are pregnant, why even bother testing.  I'm just curious if anyone else has heard that hcg isn't detectable until 2 days after implantation is complete.  Who knows if the pinching sensation is even implantation! :-)  I think with 5 cycles I'm just starting to grasp at straws.

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
My Blog

Re: HCG not detected until 2 days after implantation?

• Options
    How do you know you are 7-8 DPO? Do you chart? I guess not because if you did you would know if you were 7 OR 8 DPO. So my advice is to wait for your missed period and then test.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    imageashleybritton:

Yesterday and today, 7/8 dpo, I've been feeling a pinching sensation in the lower left side of my pelvic area.  I just read that HCG is not released until after implantation is complete, and typically takes 2 days to be enough to detect.  Would you think that means I need to wait at least 2 days after the pinching sensation ends to get a positive test? 

I know it's too early too test, but we've been trying for 5 months and this is a new symptom for me.  I will probably start testing at 10 dpo regardless. 

Since I'm a newbie I'll put this disclaimer out there. I'm not looking for someone to tell me yes you are pregnant, why even bother testing.  I'm just curious if anyone else has heard that hcg isn't detectable until 2 days after implantation is complete.  Who knows if the pinching sensation is even implantation! :-)  I think with 5 cycles I'm just starting to grasp at straws.

Also, this might not go over well on TTGP.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yesterday and today, meaning yesterday I was 7 dpo and today I am 8 dpo.  I am not charting, but I am using OPK's this cycles.

Also, at 5 cycles I am starting to feel scared.  I know that for many woman it takes much longer than 5 cycles.  It might take me longer, it might not.  I don't know, but I do know that I'm realizing it is not as easy as I always assumed it would be.  I hope I'm not grasping at straws - creating symptoms that aren't really there.  I hope these symptoms are real and might indicate something good.  That statement was not made to offend anyone, but it doesn't change the fact that I am starting to worry and doubt myself for taking 5 years to start TTC.  Hopefully without reason.

My Blog
  • Options

I'm pretty sure HCG isn't detected till 2 days after implantation.

ETA:

FRER is supposed to be one of the most sensitive tests. I'd test in 3 days. Twinges are good from my experience. Also, it took us 5 cycles with my daughter and I certainly felt sad/anxious nervous. Not sure why your feelings should be diminished because it takes someone else longer to conceive than you. Everyone's feelings are valid, whether it be month #1 or month #30.

• Options
    imageMike&Care:

ETA:

FRER is supposed to be one of the most sensitive tests. I'd test in 3 days. Twinges are good from my experience. Also, it took us 5 cycles with my daughter and I certainly felt sad/anxious nervous. Not sure why your feelings should be diminished because it takes someone else longer to conceive than you. Everyone's feelings are valid, whether it be month #1 or month #30.

I'm not diminishing her feelings. I am simply informing her about the nature of the board. I was here for 5 cycles as well and I can honestly tell her that I have learned statements about being worried after 5 cycles do not go over well.

• Options

Thank you, Michelle.

imageMike&Care:

ETA:

To be honest, for a girl who has been around as long as you have I am shocked that you aren't giving her better advice such as:

-OPKs don't mean you O'd. Just ask the girls who have unfortunately gotten several positives numerous times in long cycles and still did not O.

• Options

imagemelissa721:
    How do you know you are 7-8 DPO? Do you chart? I guess not because if you did you would know if you were 7 OR 8 DPO. So my advice is to wait for your missed period and then test.

I missed your BFP announcement!  Congrats! That's soo exciting.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• Options
    imageRoxanneA:

imagemelissa721:

Thanks girl :)

• Options
    imagemelissa721:

-OPKs don't mean you O'd. Just ask the girls who have unfortunately gotten several positives numerous times in long cycles and still did not O.

This is what I was going to say. And it takes 3 days for HCG to be detected, not 2.  

• Options
    Great Supportive Answer and I agree 100% : ) GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMike&Care:

Everyone's feelings are valid, whether it be month #1 or month #30.

agreed. sometimes people lose sight of that, though.

good luck, OP!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    imagemelissa721:
    imageRoxanneA:

imagemelissa721:

Thanks girl :)

OHHH I missed your announcement too!! Congrats girl and Merry Christmas!  H&H9months!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

OP, what day are you using as your "O" day?  The day you got the +OPK, the day after, or the next day?  It can really vary when you O in relation to your +OPK.  Some cycles I didn't O until two days later.

That said, I believe it takes about 2-3 days for HCG to be detectable by an HPT after implantation, and implantation usuallly occurs from 7-10dpo.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    imageMrs*MichelleB:

:headdesk:

This is what I wake up to. Oh vey...

Melissa is dead on with her answer. I'd be curious to see how many straws are left at say...meh... Cycle 10, or even Cycle 20billion. Probably not as many as there were at #5.  

I'm not sure what the point of this statement is.  If TTC takes longer than 5 cycles, which it might, I probably will be more scared, I can imagine there might not be "as many straws left".  I would never be curious for any woman to experience that.

I think message boards can be a positive place of support.  It's discouraging that people think it's okay to be rude under the guise of being honest.

For those who offered advice pertaining to my question, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear, thank you!

My Blog
  • Options
    imagemelissa721:

Thank you, Michelle.

imageMike&Care:

ETA:

To be honest, for a girl who has been around as long as you have I am shocked that you aren't giving her better advice such as:

I'm sure the girls that got false positive opks started testing a couple days before their missed period. Just because they aren't 100% doesn't mean she should completely dismiss them. I told her what I'd do. I'm a POAS-aholic. Got my bfp w/ my second daughter at 10 dpo (charting). No harm in testing. I didn't say "yes you are pregnant! congrats!" and I didn't give some snarky canned answer like "wait till after you miss your period, sign up for FF, you don't really know if you O'ed, go back to lurking, yadda yadda". That's not my thing. Sorry that shocks you.

And yes, I was a GP regular in 08-09. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"