Baby Showers
Options

need amazing shower ideas... brainstorm away!

my bff is the family party thrower (she's also dh's cousin). she's throwing my shower and i'm helping her mom and sisters throw hers.  we're two months apart!  we want to make hers extra special becauase she throws so many for us all the time.  anyone have some really unique ideas to share? food, games, prizes, favors, etc? 

Re: need amazing shower ideas... brainstorm away!

• Options
    This isn't an amazing idea but in my circle we tend to have the shower theme based on the nursery.  That way the mom can add some of the decorations to the baby's room is she so chooses.  For example, DD's nursery was jungle/ safari animals so my shower was decorated with monkeys, elephants, giraffes etc.  My friend even made an awesome pink cake with fondant elephants, zebras and giraffes.  It was very cute. 
  • Options

I played a fun ice breaker game at a bridal shower but it could work for a baby shower too. It's really just to help the tables of women have fun and give them a reason to communicate.

Each table was given a list of items. Each item was worth points. Common items such as cell phones or credit cards were worth less points. Uncommon items such as black lipstick were worth more points.

Each woman at the table had 5 minutes to ransack their purses and find the items on the list and put them in the center of the table. It was so fun and hilarious. At the end you count the points and the table with the most amount of points wins.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There is a good website:

https://www.bestbabyshower.com/

The "Let's Do Milk" and "Baby Me" tableware sets are cute. 

https://www.bestbabyshower.com/baby-shower-tableware-plates-cups-napkins.html

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

For my shower we're doing an "Around the Clock" theme. Basically, each person gets assigned a time of day (ex: Bath Time, Bed Time, Mommy Time, Diaper Time, Story Time....). They also are supposed to bring their best advice for that time of day. Each invitation will have the same theme, but on the inside it will have a short little blip on the what their time of day is...

So far everyone really likes the idea, and I really loved that it will give us more variety with our gifts. As far as decorations go, I think we're going to try and tie it in with our nursery theme. :)

• Options

If you want to do more reading, there some great baby shower ideas on https://www.babycachet.com - they have articles on food, games, gift ideas, invitation ettiquette, etc.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"