2nd Trimester
Options

bright red bleeding/small clots after sex

I know this prolly may not be the place to ask, my husband and I had some pretty normal sex but near the end he pushed really hard and it hurt really bad so i told him to stop, his member was covered in blood and I had bright red blood all over, when I wiped there were small clots, we go to a military doctor and its the middle of the night so its either go to the E.R or wait till tomorrow, this is my first baby so naturally I am a worry wart, but I don't want to rush in there and find out nothings wrong. please any answers? should I stay or should I go?? I told him i was going if I was still bleeding 1/2 hour later(I put in a tampon)

Re: bright red bleeding/small clots after sex

• Options
    it could be he hit your cervix, which has ALOT of bloodflow durring pregnancy and may have broke a blood vessel, but honesty just to be safe I always have gone to the dr if I had bleeding w/ my pregnancies GL to you! hope all is ok.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucketimage imageimage
  • Options

Your cervix could just be really sensitive. I bled after a transvaginal ultrasound a whole day and a half after getting it. It stopped after a little while.

I don't think it's safe to use a tampon due to bacteria that can build up. I could be wrong, I know you shouldn't use one after having a baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Tampon's should never be used during pregnancy due to bacteria as another poster said.

Also, based on just being in the doctor for a bleeding scare, the first question they ask you is if you have had sex - apparently it can commonly aggravate the cervix, again as others have said.  Unless you have cramping, I would say you should be okay until morning.

But please, take out the tampon, use a pad.

• Options
    TAKE OUT THE TAMPON!
  • Options
    Take the tampon out right now.  You are not supposewd to use them with pregnancy bleeding.  Hopefully you just irritated your cervix.  If cramping and bleeding go right to the ED.  If the bleeding does not stop, go to the ED.  Good luck.

• Options
    alright I will keep that in mind. :) thank you for responding. I am still bleeding and it is still bright red so I don't know, I have yet to feel any cramps... I would go in but if the the E.R staff feel you are going in over nothing they make you feel like a worrying piece of ***, thats why I wanted to ask on here first before I got the eye rolls and the "nothing is wrong just go home and go to bed, come back if you actually have something wrong with you" <-- seriously they do this to you... its kind of disheartening especially if you are pregnant and hormonal. 
  • Options

imagestacey.schenck:
    alright I will keep that in mind. :) thank you for responding. I am still bleeding and it is still bright red so I don't know, I have yet to feel any cramps... I would go in but if the the E.R staff feel you are going in over nothing they make you feel like a worrying piece of ***, thats why I wanted to ask on here first before I got the eye rolls and the "nothing is wrong just go home and go to bed, come back if you actually have something wrong with you" <-- seriously they do this to you... its kind of disheartening especially if you are pregnant and hormonal. 

Hope it stops soon so you can ease your mind. Put on a liner or a pad and just wait a little bit. 

• Options
    I took my tampon out(sorry about putting one in I didn't know and I don't have any pads) some serious clots came out... how much bleeding after sex though is to much? I know spotting afterward is normal especially if it gets rough but when does it become a threat? I know I sound paranoid but after being told I wasn't supposed to have kids I am kind of a worrier I don't know what I would do if something happened. 
  • Options

imagestacey.schenck:
    I took my tampon out(sorry about putting one in I didn't know and I don't have any pads) some serious clots came out... how much bleeding after sex though is to much? I know spotting afterward is normal especially if it gets rough but when does it become a threat? I know I sound paranoid but after being told I wasn't supposed to have kids I am kind of a worrier I don't know what I would do if something happened. 

Hun - if you are this worried, go to the ER, because you probably won't be sleeping anyway.  If people think you are an overreacting crazy case, well... so be it.  Your pregnant and worried, and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hope everything is okay

• Options
    There might not be as much blood as you think. I know they say with menstrual cycles you only bleed a few teaspoons. I worry about things too but it's probably just irritation to your cervix which hopefully will stop soon.
  • Options

imagestacey.schenck:

Personally, if it has been 30mins and you are still bleeding, i would go get checked.  This is about you and your baby, screw the ED staff and their comments.  I hope it is just an angry cervix.

• Options
    imageEJChapman123:

imagestacey.schenck:

Hun - if you are this worried, go to the ER, because you probably won't be sleeping anyway.  If people think you are an overreacting crazy case, well... so be it.  Your pregnant and worried, and it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hope everything is okay

Yes  For your peace of mind there is nothing wrong with going to the ER. I am sure they won't think you're a crazy person.

• Options
    imageheylee:
    imageEJChapman123:

imagestacey.schenck:

Hope everything is okay

Yes  For your peace of mind there is nothing wrong with going to the ER. I am sure they won't think you're a crazy person.

wanna bet? you have never been to this bases E.R...yeah I am going to wake up the hubby and go in.... thanks everyone for the replies and yeah if I don't go in I wont sleep anyways... 

• Options
    imagestacey.schenck:
    imageheylee:
    imageEJChapman123:

imagestacey.schenck:

Hope everything is okay

wanna bet? you have never been to this bases E.R...yeah I am going to wake up the hubby and go in.... thanks everyone for the replies and yeah if I don't go in I wont sleep anyways... 

Ok well hopefully they won't think you're crazy then :) Hope you feel better.

• Options
    just got back, my best friend took me in because my husband was being a major ass who though sleep was more important than his wifes bleeding pregnant vagina. I'm on bed rest for 2 days then I am supposed to call so they can have another look, baby Lucas is fine and heart-beating normally. they said my cervix and vaginal walls were pretty torn up and I should refrain from sex for about a week(my hubby is going to be lucky to get any after tonight) thanks to all the gals who replied to my post. I ended up going to OB and the doctor and nurse were amazingly nice and sweet. 
  • Options
    Definitely take out the tampon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagestacey.schenck:
    just got back, my best friend took me in because my husband was being a major ass who though sleep was more important than his wifes bleeding pregnant vagina. I'm on bed rest for 2 days then I am supposed to call so they can have another look, baby Lucas is fine and heart-beating normally. they said my cervix and vaginal walls were pretty torn up and I should refrain from sex for about a week(my hubby is going to be lucky to get any after tonight) thanks to all the gals who replied to my post. I ended up going to OB and the doctor and nurse were amazingly nice and sweet. 

Glad you went in!  Good to hear that things are okay and take it easy! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"