Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Cold=more spit up?

So LO is 5 months old and has a pretty solid cold.  Yellow and green crap coming out of his nose, a little cough, and stuffy.  In the past day he's spit up A LOT more than usual (he never does, and now it's quite a bit about every other feeding).  Has anyone else noticed if baby has a cold they tend to spit up more? TIA!!

Re: Cold=more spit up?

• My son had a bad cold at 6 weeks. UGH....it was rough. Anyway, he definitely spit up more. In fact, he had a few massive spit ups that I considered to be more like throw up. However, the nurse said it was spit up as a result of all the extra mucous, and saline drops in his system. So it's typical for this to happen.
  • DS spit up more with a cold.  As PP said, all the drainage in his stomach upset it some.  After he got well, he was back to normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PP. DD is going through this right now. In addition, I think sometimes she ends up coughing so hard, she ends up spitting up. 

• imageMarshMop:

I agree with the PP. DD is going through this right now. In addition, I think sometimes she ends up coughing so hard, she ends up spitting up. 

This!  DS coughs, ends up choking on the mucus and spitting up A LOT of whatever he just ate.  It's because they can't really handle their secretions right just yet.  Hope LO feels better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"