Postpartum Depression

Do I eventually need to stop taking Zoloft?

My mom was diagnosed w/Stage IV cancer when DD was 3wks old, and it just pushed me to go ahead and try taking meds.  When I went on Zoloft, the PA at my OB's office told me to just let them know when I feel ready to stop taking it, and they will help me wean off of it. She said that for a lot of new moms it's around 6mos, but it's different for everyone.

The only problem is that I feel better on it than I have felt in years (as far back as I can remember...way before pp hormones).  I didn't realize how bad my anxiety was or that what I was feeling was evidently not normal until I discovered life on Zoloft. 

So, do I eventually need to wean off and go back to life w/o it, or is this something that can just become my new normal?  Has anyone been on it for a long time?  Have you had to adjust your dosage as time went on?

Re: Do I eventually need to stop taking Zoloft?

• I think this is something you should discuss with your doc.  Zoloft effects people differently so whether your dose needs to be upped or not is up to your doc.  Good luck and I'm glad your feeling better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"