Stay at Home Moms
Options

Local Mom Groups?

Anyone have advice on how to find local SAHM groups?  All of my friends work.  I really need some friends who are Moms that SAH to have playdates with, exercise, etc.  I just don't know where to look for these groups.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Local Mom Groups?

• Options

Google "Moms Club". 

Also try meetup.com

Good luck!  They're out there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

https://www.momsclub.org/

At the bottom of the page there is a find a chapter near you tag.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    here is a group that is in every town around here https://www.mops.org/
  • Options

Moms Club

MOPS

Gymboree or Little Gym (great way to meet other moms)

Barnes and Noble has story time each week so you could meet moms that way too.

• Options
    I've met most of my SAHM friends at our library's story time program.  DS and I also did a Mommy & Me type music class before DD was born, but the library is a great program AND free.

• Options
    I have found several groups through Meetup.com.  I am sure there are a bunch in your area. I also met many moms at Gymboree and the library reading group.
  • Options
    Two hospitals in the area offer mom groups. One is just 0-6, but the other doesn't have a limit. I started going at 3 weeks and haven't missed a week since. It's run by a nurse at the hospital and they are there to weigh your baby and answer questions. A lot of times there are speakers on stuff like sign language, CPR, babyproofing, etc.
    Afterwards I usually go to lunch with a bunch of the moms. Check with the hospitals in your area for support groups!
  • Options
    Thanks girls!  I will take a look into all of this.  I really need to find a group soon.  I'm going nuts!  :(
  • Options
    I joined a local Mom's Club. When I was looking I just googled Moms group my town and went from there.
  • Options

all the pps have great suggestions :) I also wanted to add mothersandmore.org

It really all depends on your area as to which group is going to be very active and and a good fit, so there's another one to add to your selection :) GL in your search! Being in a mom's group is the best thing I've done for myself as a SAHM!

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

*popping in from lurkdom* You could also try https://www.themommiesnetwork.org/. They have individual sites by city. I joined my area group 2 years ago when DS was born and I needed to connect because of PPD. It was a lifesaver. Met my 4 best friends there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"