Parenting after 35
Options

Are you ready for FFFC?

We started late last week, so I thought I'd put mine out there and get us started.  Please don't hate me...

I don't get football.  There - I said it!  I don't get all of the hoopla and can barely follow the rules.  I've gone to a few live games and even took T to a NFL football game one year for Christmas.  I was the only one in the stands that had no clue what was going on.

Luckily my SO is not a sports guy so I don't have to worry about figuring this out much more.  Give me hockey - give me curling - those rules I can follow.  But for some reason, football seems to be beyond my grasp.

**hanging head in shame**

Re: Are you ready for FFFC?

• Options

Curling???

What! Are you Canadian???  (Not knocking the Canadians... but just saying.)  I totally prefer hockey to football (go Devils, even though they suck this year) but Curling is NOT a sport. Wink

DH is lucky that I like all sports but basketball.  *shudder*  

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Ha ha ha! Well, I'm sure you are not the first woman to confess that. My dad is a former HS football coach and played for Northwestern so football is big in ou family. MY FFFC - I hate the term "co-irker". I really, really do...don't think it's cute or clever at all. I cringe everytime I read it on the other boards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am with you.  I really do not understand any professional sports and the $$ they make.  Really, you are paid millions to play a child's game?  And then the tantrums and the bad behavior that they exhibit. 
  • Options
    imagerobynlesley:

Curling???

What! Are you Canadian???  (Not knocking the Canadians... but just saying.)  I totally prefer hockey to football (go Devils, even though they suck this year) but Curling is NOT a sport. Wink

Hey watch it!  Wink  And basketball was invented by a Canuk too!  But at least you like hockey so you've redeemed yourself.

I agree with Lynnshey about football.  I think I'm the only one in my town who isn't glued to the t.v. when Cal is playing. (that's Berkeley by the way)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to let Simon unwrap ALL his xmas gifts this weekend and play with them, then I'll wrap them back up before DH gets home from work.  DH thinks I have a serious issue with deferred gratification and he made me promise that we wouldn't teach S my bad habits and that he needs to wait till xmas to open his gifts.  Well, this weekend is going to be hell for me because we're getting 4-6 feet of snow between tonight and Sunday and Simon will be bored out of his mind stuck indoors all weekend.  I will NOT be snowed in with a fussy toddler and nothing to do!  But I didn't exactly lie to DH because this morning when we had the talk I was fully intending on being compliant, I just changed my mind since then!  Devil And he'll never notice that Simon isn't surprised on xmas morning.  (besides I think Hannukkah is a better idea, one present a day is much more reasonable so kids don't get overwhelmed all in one day!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOL, I don't understand football either, and I was on drill team in high school and had to be at every home game!  My husband doesn't watch anything except Formula One and the occasional Lakers game, so I consider myself oh so lucky.
  • Options
    No hate here, I don't watch any sports at all!  Rom doesn't either, he just likes watching rugby when he's back home for it, and even then only live, and only if Biarritz is playing.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I don't ever watch sports either. I don't know the rules at all for football or baseball - my excuse is that it's not in my genes, being from Europe. :-)
  • Options
    I'm with you on american football....real football is soccer! i can watch any sport except american football and i extra super love basketball (even get quarterly game updates sent to my phone for six teams Embarrassed  )
  • Options
    I don't even understand foodball rules. My excuse is that I am from Russia originally.
  • Options

wow are you are the ignorant american sterotype?  oh and from new jersey!  wow.

I'd like to see you play 8 ends and then call it NOT a sport.  Have you ever curled before?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagerobynlesley:

Curling???

wow are you are the ignorant american sterotype?  oh and from new jersey!  wow.

I'd like to see you play 8 ends and then call it NOT a sport.  Have you ever curled before?

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"