Breastfeeding
Options

More bleeding from fenugreek?

I only took 2 fenugreek capsules yesterday. I wanted to start with a small amount, and see at what point it causes an increase in milk. But my bleeding was so much heavier yesterday evening, after being almost nonexistant for days. I didnt do anything strenuous to think maybe I over did it somewhere.

Anyone have that problem with fenugreek? The bleeding is fine, and I can handle that, but I had that whole "bowling ball hanging from my uterus" feeling last night with all that pressure, and I was ridiculously uncomfortable.

imageimage
Breleigh & Mason

Re: More bleeding from fenugreek?

• Options
    wow, really? i didn't start fenugreek until after my lochia had passed, so i can't help you. i didn't know that was a possible issue but even so i think it's unlikely from 2 capsules.
  • Options
    imageAmyG*:

for two weeks old, it might be more possible for it to be related to the fenugreek.  everyone responds to drugs differently, is could be related, it is not totally off the wall that it could happen.

why do you think you need a boost to supply?

I'm pumping to go back to work, and I cant seem to pump more than 2oz total in a day. I've increased the amount of times that I'm pumping, but the more I pump, the more he seems to be less satisfied after he's finished eating. Low supply was the reason my DD never BF (per the LC), so I was trying to avoid the switch to formula we made with her. I didnt want to take 9 capsules this soon, so I was just kind of testing to see if anything less would have any kind of effect. I didn't take them today.

And pp, it's more brown than red.

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many times a day are you pumping? I never could pump very much the first few weeks - 1/2 an ounce maybe combined in a session. 
  • Options

imagecindyhow:
    How many times a day are you pumping? I never could pump very much the first few weeks - 1/2 an ounce maybe combined in a session. 

I'm pumping 4 times a day. Right after his first feeding, and around 12, 4, and 8. For some reason I cant remember to pump in the middle of the night. 

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"