Colorado Babies

Catholic Private School search

We are begining to look at private schools in the Dever area. Not sure where to even begin. We know Mullen is a great school for High School...but we need a GREAT school for K-8 to prepare for a school like Mullen...does anyone have any insight or a private school that you could suggest?

Re: Catholic Private School search

• Most Precious Blood, Christ the King and St. Francis ( on University and Arizona?) are the really good private catholic schools in Denver.

I suggest starting there...

• Not sure how far you are willing to travel or where your exact location is but I went to Shrine of Saint Annes for 8 years as well as my 3 older siblings. This is a school that will definately prepare your child for a private high school like Mullen. I think 3/4 of my class went onto Mullen. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to St. Pius X in Aurora as a kid from 3rd-8th.  Then I went back and taught a few years there.  I like the school.  I went on to St. Mary's Academy after St. Pius and I was more than prepared for high school.  I was almost over prepared at the time.  St. Mary's Academy Elementary and Middle School is also good.  I would love to send my kids there.  I hear good things about St. Thomas More, too.  I have family that goes to Most Precious Blood.  They seem to like it over there. 
  • I went to St. Mary's Academy for elementary and middle along with everyone else in my family (aunts, cousins, siblings)  All the women in my family have continued there through High School (it's all girls in HS)  I was more than prepared for college, it was a wonderful school and I look forward to the day my children can go there.  Hope that helps, GL. :)
  • Chiming in late...but my DDs go to Good Shepherd.  It's a good school (they are in the Montessori program) & i've been pleased.  We've been there 3 years now.  You basically have to be a parishioner & get your child on the waitlist early (I'd do it ASAP) if you are really interested.  They had a wait list of 90 something year before last I heard.  The other schools I considered were Christ the King, Most Precious Blood & St. Vincents.  I have friends whose kids go to St. James & like it.  I also visited Blessed Sacrament & they were very nice there.  I love the idea of St. Mary's but it was too expensive for elementary since I have 3 (& probably will have more) kids.  My DD#1 went to St. Thomas More for Mothers Day Out & it was nice but too far from where I live to do every day. For HS, I plan on doing all girls school for my 3 girls so we'll do St. Marys or Regis.  
  • imageGlisse:

Most Precious Blood, Christ the King and St. Francis ( on University and Arizona?) are the really good private catholic schools in Denver.

I suggest starting there...

I think you mean St. Vincent De Paul (it's at University & Arizona) :o

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"