Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Benadryl for stuffy nose?

Has anyone ever given Benadryl for stuffy nose? One of my girls is having trouble breathing at night. I have some Benadryl here from hives she had a little while back. I probably wont try it but just curious if anyone has done this and if it helps? I cant get within 5 feet of her with and aspirator. Thanks

Re: Benadryl for stuffy nose?

• Options
    Our pedi actually told me to give LO a little benadryl with one of his horrible colds b/c he was sooo congested and couldn't sleep.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Options

Benadryl will only make it more stuffy. It's used to dry up mucus.

Also, I wasn't comfortable giving my DS Benadryl for a cold until he was 3. That's also when his pedi gave the OK.

If she's stuffy and plugged up try running a humidifier in the house all day long and keep it in her room all night. It'll keep things running and, as gross as it is, if it's running it's good because it's flushing her out.

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi gave me the ok to use benadryl, but it's for her runny nose.  I'd call your pedi to ask & he can also give you dosage info.  Pedi said 3/4 teaspoon Every 4-6 hours as needed.  Emerson weighs almost 22 lbs.  Call your pedi to make sure though!
  • Options

All the time. 2.5ml at his weight/age. Nothing works as well. I also use pulsatilla (whole foods) if his nose is runny too. It's homeopathic.

Try Triaminic flowing vapors in the room too. It's compact, it works well, and better than any humidifier (which I feel does nada). Best thing ever but hard to find. I usually buy on amazon but they do have it in Buy Buy baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"