VBAC
Options

news from today

Went for my cranio-facial u/s.  Was cool to see the baby this far along (we didn't see Kate after 20 weeks...they look very different at 33 weeks!).  The doctor didn't see any signs of severe skull or facial deformities, which is good news. He couldn't tell us 100% that the baby didn't have a mild tosis but he could rule out a major one. 

Also (for whatever it's worth), he said he thinks I'm a good VBAC candidate, baby's measuring exactly on target (~4 pounds, 33 weeks exactly, so maybe not a giant like Kate) and in good position (facing the right way and not OP).  He said that because I dilated and pushed, he would feel confident allowing me to go for a VBAC because there were complicating factors (the cranio, plus a huge baby who was malpositioned).  Hopefully, at least 2 of those (and maybe all three!) will be non-factors!

All in all, we felt pretty good about the news.  He even turned his u/s machine on to a 3-D image, which was kind of creepy (real time baby...we could see what he/she looked like!) but kind of cool. 

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: news from today

• Options
    sounds like good news!  Yes
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Good news! I hope everything turns out just fine and that you can have your vbac.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wonderful news.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • Options
    Great news!  Hopefully no surgery for you or the baby! :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    YAY!!!!!! You want to talk creepy - we had a 3D @ 18 weeks......
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Options
    I was wondering how things had turned out!  Yay for a very healthy looking baby!  It sounds like your VBAC chances are great.  :)  I can't wait to hear your birth story (although I hope I have to for awhile).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Great news!  Glad that everything went so well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"