Trigger shot, injection site pain — The Bump
Infertility

Trigger shot, injection site pain

Anyone have this? I don't remember this last time, but I did my trigger/hcg shot last night at 9pm. Today, there is still a large, red and raised circle around it and it feels like a bruise. I brush my arm across it and it hurts.OUCH! I will say that when I do the Lurpon injectinon, and then the Lupron/GonalF/Menopur combo injection I get it the large, red, raised welt but it goes away by the next day.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Trigger shot, injection site pain

• Was your trigger IM or SubQ? My RE has me do the HCG SubQ even though the box says "IM Only" b/c he said it's just as effective - the only side effect is a localized skin reaction, which is what it sounds like you might have?

I say ice it a little and I hope it goes away soon! 

Married 08.06
    Started TTC 05.08
    Me: Stage II endo, borderline high FSH
    DH: perfect
    1 lap, 5 IUIs = 4 BFNs and 1 c/p
    2 IVFs, 2 FETs = 1 BFN, 1 c/p, 1 ectopic and finally a sticky BFP in May 2011!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1 FET in Aug 2013 = BFP! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe you just nicked a vessel?

I'm so excited that you're already at this point in your cycle!  I wish you the best of luck!

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yikes, that sounds irritating! I hope it gets better for you lyse!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My trigger was Tuesday night at 10:30pm.  I didn't have any pain as the needle went in, there was no pain as the meds went in, but I FAINTED!!  I called the doctors immediately and they said it isn't unheard of for someone to pass out from the trigger shot and that they weren't worried about it.  I was really freaked out. But, to answer your question, no, I didn't have any pain or irritation before, during, or after my trigger.
  • I've never really had pain, but sometimes the next day or so I will notice it itching a bit.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I remember having a big bruise after my trigger, but don't remember it being painful! 

On another note, I am so excited that you triggered!  ER tomorrow? Oh and I'm getting ready to PM you back :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards